Streaming Options for Watching Games (merged)

Beg to differ, sir. All TVs aren't smart. Shirley and I deliberately purchase dumb TVs because we don't trust smart TVs. We always shop for TVs that do not have smart features. We also cover the webcam on our laptops when not using them, which often we don't. We do have a ROKU Ultra, but use it with the microphone shut off.

😂

Would there be any other way to watch the game saturday other than espn+ or secn+?thanks to anyone who has a thought.

Beg to differ, sir. All TVs aren't smart. Shirley and I deliberately purchase dumb TVs because we don't trust smart TVs. We always shop for TVs that do not have smart features. We also cover the webcam on our laptops when not using them, which often we don't. We do have a ROKU Ultra, but use it with the microphone shut off.
So, spend $20 on a Firestick that you can plug into any tv and make it smart when you need to stream something.

So, spend $20 on a Firestick that you can plug into any tv and make it smart when you need to stream something.

HUH??? Odd advice, my whole point was I avoid smart TVs. Further, I stated we have a ROKU, so why the heck would I add a Firestick? Besides, I can stream whatever game free of charge I want to watch with the help of my VPN when the mood strikes me. What was your point anyway?

HUH??? Odd advice, my whole point was I avoid smart TVs. Further, I stated we have a ROKU, so why the heck would I add a Firestick? Besides, I can stream whatever game free of charge I want to watch with the help of my VPN when the mood strikes me. What was your point anyway?
No way I’m going down this selective Luddite rabbit hole.

Could the SEC actually start using their alternative channel instead of forcing streaming on people? Makes no sense.

Reactions: A.J.
No way I’m going down this selective Luddite rabbit hole.

Geez man. Who suggested you do it? All this begins with you somehow twisting my original post about the inaccurate statement that all TVs are smart TVs. And my not wanting nor buying a smart TV into your insisting I get a Firestick to make my dumb TV smart. Especially since I said I have a ROKU. Finally, my questioning why you're playing Amazon Firestick salesperson.

Let's try again. I don't trust smart TVs. They have systems that allow commercial agencies to spy on viewers. So I buy dumb TVs. If I want to view something special, I have a ROKU Ultra.

Geez man. Who suggested you do it? All this begins with you somehow twisting my original post about the inaccurate statement that all TVs are smart TVs. And my not wanting nor buying a smart TV into your insisting I get a Firestick to make my dumb TV smart. Especially since I said I have a ROKU. Finally, my questioning why you're playing Amazon Firestick salesperson.

Let's try again. I don't trust smart TVs. They have systems that allow commercial agencies to spy on viewers. So I buy dumb TVs. If I want to view something special, I have a ROKU Ultra.

Do you have a doomsday bunker?

Do you have a doomsday bunker?

Yes, and you're not invited. Normally, it's used to Volize during season games or watch old B/W film of past Vols games. The dog and cat watch too. Shirley is welcome if she is bringing a sandwich and a chilled bottle of goat milk stout.
With press of a button and a few levels pulled, it transforms into a concrete reinforced bunker with a blast door. Anything else you want to know? :cool:

Reactions: Old Orange
It is 2022 guys. If yall can post on a message board y’all can figure out how to stream a game. Thread making my head hurt.
True that. The trick is to figure out how to NOT to get double charged. (I am mildly amused by people who feel the need to join threads they are not interested in. Do you enjoy getting headaches? )

Yes, and you're not invited. Normally, it's used to Volize during season games or watch old B/W film of past Vols games. The dog and cat watch too. Shirley is welcome if she is bringing a sandwich and a chilled bottle of goat milk stout.
With press of a button and a few levels pulled, it transforms into a concrete reinforced bunker with a blast door. Anything else you want to know? :cool:

Haha oh I will be getting an invite.

Smart man! My ole’ lady wanted a memory foam mattress- I put a stop to that talk. I don’t want my mattress to remember Anything!

Haha oh I will be getting an invite.

Self-inviters do so at their own risk. I will reconsider if you're hauling BBQ beef ribs, succotash, mustard greens, hush puppies, Bilk beer, and rhubarb pie.

Do you wear tin foil hats when watching your TV or using laptops? You should be. Don't want any govt or alien spies checking in on you.

Reactions: vettefool
Tennessee vs Always Tough Akron Zips will air Tuesday at 11am on SEC Channel. Think I will lock myself in a padded room till then - which would be just like watching it LIVE on Saturday, right??

Set your DVRs now!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Does Slingtv have this as channel? (Sec network +)
It's not a televised channel per say. But Sling has a spot for both SECN+ and ESPN3 in the guide. They have both on demand content and live games in there. I watched the Pitt game on the ESPN3 version last week. Live games are a new thing this year I think(or I just never noticed) and it's really convenient. As long as you have SEC Network in your package, just click on the SEC Network Plus "channel" then select the stream for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockytopvol86

VN Store

Back