Storming the Field

Heaven forbid we as Tennessee fans not enjoy a huge victory that we have not had in a VERY long time. For those that say “NO” and “let’s act like we have been here before,” think that the field will not be stormed when we beat Alabama are clearly not thinking correctly and deep down they know that if they are present at the game they will be standing on the 50yd line partying with the the rest.

Bama — I’ll allow it. It’s been a long sojourn in the wilderness. It’s pointless to pretend it’s no big deal to us, we haven’t beaten them since I was 13 and I’m 29. It will be bigger than when we broke the streak under Majors.

Florida, by contrast, does not deserve that kind of implicit show of respect. Drown them in choruses of Rocky Top from the stands.

Heaven forbid we as Tennessee fans not enjoy a huge victory that we have not had in a VERY long time. For those that say “NO” and “let’s act like we have been here before,” think that the field will not be stormed when we beat Alabama are clearly not thinking correctly and deep down they know that if they are present at the game they will be standing on the 50yd line partying with the the rest.
Yeah “act like you’ve been there before,” is a little silly in the context of ‘Bama. We haven’t been there since 2006, gramps.

Last time someone started a anti storm thread. The administration got on board and decided to line the fence with police. We basically got blown out it was embarrassing. Can’t remember the year just know was in the 2000’s to 2010 time frame.

As i live near I 59 in Alabama, my preferred celebration would be to stand on an overpass waving a giant Vols flag for all of the Bamers returning from Knoxville 😂
But I would probably get shot

Yeah “act like you’ve been there before,” is a little silly in the context of ‘Bama. We haven’t been there since 2006, gramps.
I remember listening to that game in 2006 on a portable radio on a backpacking trip sitting next to a stream and filtering water into my drinking/cooking bottle. Good times. Good times. Sad that it hasn’t happened again since
Maybe I need to plan a backpacking trip that weekend this year 🤔

As i live near I 59 in Alabama, my preferred celebration would be to stand on an overpass waving a giant Vols flag for all of the Bamers returning from Knoxville 😂
But I would probably get shot
One of my high school teachers, when he was an undergrad at UGA during the Herschel Walker era, apparently unfurled a banner from the balcony of Monte Vista Baptist Church in Maryville after they won the 1980 ‘ship that said “How bout them Dawgs?”

I imagine it wasn’t well received.

Maybe, for Florida, they could roll out some Orange Julius carts. Might go good with vodka.
Man I havent had an Orange Julius in like forever. Are those still around anymore? I remember there being an Orange Julius in Gatlinburg even back in the day

VN Store

Back