Stop sayin' that......

There are two sides of the ball. Someone needs to get the memo that there is. It's been two years now and this defense has been hot garbage both of them. If our players are truly that bad then a bunch of freshmen coming in next year won't fix it in one year. I don't think that's the whole problem.. They're weak on the corners and SC attacked the edges all night. They knew where to attack.. Tennessee needed to generate some pressure and couldn't do it all night. Even when we went zone the holes were huge.. We're just not good on the back end. So you have to figure out a way to get Rattler out of the pocket. It was poor play and not a very good scheme either.
Defense has been hot garbage for 5 years now......did you think that was going to change overnight? You still have to recruit players. JH lucked into having HH step up the way he did. Remember he didn't tab HH to be the starter. The offense excelled at exploiting mismatches. And if CT doesn't get hurt vs Akron, I doubt they would've relied heavily on JH. The offense runs to set up the pass, however the receivers can't overcome press coverage. It's nice that they saw fit to give Nico 7 figures, but they need to invest a lot of NIL money on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: Cartervol
Stop sayin' that we scored 38 points and that SHOULD have been enough to beat south carolina.

Well newsflash......it wasn't!!

And when did it become acceptable to say......well we scored 38 points and that should be enough, so if they score more than that, that's on the defense for not stopping them😡

That mentality will surely win us alot of championships.....NOT!!

The defense laid down and got ran over, but where's our offense that just ran up the score a week prior. We didn't NEED to score over 60 on Mizzo, but we did (and they have a much better defense than SC). We have the #1 offense in the country, up against a defense that's worse than ours.

Where's the expectation that we actually run up the score when we NEED to?

In no team sport do you EVER say......well.....I did enough, so if we don't win, that's on them.

Who's teaching that?
38 should of been enough. D only stopped SC 1, yes 1 time.
Hard to score when they are driving the ball down field to score again.

Reactions: TN1111
Stop sayin' that we scored 38 points and that SHOULD have been enough to beat south carolina.

And when did it become acceptable to say......well we scored 38 points and that should be enough, so if they score more than that, that's on the defense for not stopping them😡

The defense laid down and got ran over, but where's our offense that just ran up the score a week prior. We didn't NEED to score over 60 on Mizzo, but we did (and they have a much better defense than SC). We have the #1 offense in the country, up against a defense that's worse than ours.

In no team sport do you EVER say......well.....I did enough, so if we don't win, that's on them.

Who's teaching that?

Listen, it is not Banks fault that he does not know how to coach defense! Geez!

Who's teaching that?
Hey Banks, was not at the game, was he?

I'd like to know the winning percentage of ranked teams scoring at least 38 points vs unranked SC teams over the years. I'd estimate close to 100%. But I guess if the offense would've just pulled their own weight and scored 64 none of that would matter. Come on, dude

Reactions: Stephen Gray
This ranks up there with the Wyoming loss. This was as bad as it gets. This offense put only 6 point’s against Florida. If we get beat by vandy, there are some major problems.

That's your final answer? 👍
My answer is that the team could have played better overall, but the defense was far worse than the offense. UT’s scoring offense prior to the game with SC was putting up about 47 PPG while the scoring defense was surrendering around 22 PPG. UT’s O scored 9 points below their average. However Defensively the unit gave up 63 which is 41 points higher of what they were allowing going into the game. If the defense had played even a slightly below average game, then it would have most likely been a competitive contest in the fourth quarter.

Troll keeps starting threads
Troll keeps trolling
I’ve noticed that word is used ad nauseam, like a cudgel, in an attempt to bludgeon people who’s message you don’t like. This one makes no sense as the OP is essentially being an apologist for the defense. Apologize? troll. Cristicize? Troll.

I guess the best way to disguise being a troll and to cry “troll” first.

My answer is that the team could have played better overall, but the defense was far worse than the offense. UT’s scoring offense prior to the game with SC was putting up about 47 PPG while the scoring defense was surrendering around 22 PPG. UT’s O scored 9 points below their average. However Defensively the unit gave up 63 which is 41 points higher of what they were allowing going into the game. If the defense had played even a slightly below average game, then it would have most likely been a competitive contest in the fourth quarter.

Yes......exactly.......💯 (your first sentence before "but".

No Championship teams are in a locker room pointing the fingers saying that what they did should have been enough. If you lose a game......NOBODY has a right to say they did enough and it's "their" fault.

If somebody can't hold their own and you're capable of helping the TEAM, you pick up the slack and do what needs to be done to win. You don't ever say you did enough to WIN if you loss. That's a weak excuse.

I will keep saying it all day, thank you very much.Come back tomorrow and I will say it then too 😉

I'd like to know the winning percentage of ranked teams scoring at least 38 points vs unranked SC teams over the years. I'd estimate close to 100%. But I guess if the offense would've just pulled their own weight and scored 64 none of that would matter. Come on, dude

Conversely what is the record of all teams that have 63 or more points scored? I’d think few met that challenge successfully.

Who's teaching that?

1665949715621.gif

Reactions: Allvols1996

These posts are so bizarre — who are you addressing? Are you talking to CJH, or the members of this message board?

Just stop.

And also, can we stop with all the locker room speculation?

This place is depressing.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I agree what SHOULD be the case. 38 points SHOULD have been enough, but because the defense didn't show up and 38 points WASN'T enough, now what? We have an offense. We're a TEAM. If we needed to get into a shoot out to WIN the game, why wouldn't that be the expectation since we have the #1 offense?

NO one on this FOOTBALL team should feel like they did ENOUGH to WIN. If the do, they don't belong in any team sports.
Wait, what? You’ve now entered an argument with yourself. Should we all step aside to see who wins?

These posts are so bizarre — who are you addressing? Are you talking to CJH, or the members of this message board?

Just stop.

This place is depressing.

What if it’s different locker room speculation. Like we start inventing stories that have a feel good vibe instead of ones that make a lot people worry about things. We could get a whole new thing going. Some player spends his free time in the locker room doing something awesome.

Who's teaching that?
To run up the score, the opposing defense has to be "willing", so to speak. Personally I thought the offense did pretty well considering they were visibly off and South Carolina's defense was determined not to totally suck like our defense did...

Sooo, I'llsay it again since you love hearing it so much...

38 points WAS enough to win if our defense had a pulse that night.

✌️😎

Just stop.

This place is depressing.Christmas.

Uhm......stop having a discussion on a message board.....🤔......ok.

Can you just STOP reading my post and move on? They are NOT DIRECTED at you if you didn't say 38 points was enough.

And I know know nothing about locker speculations, so I don't recall mentioning that.

To run up the score, the opposing defense has to be "willing", so to speak. Personally I thought the offense did pretty well considering they were visibly off and South Carolina's defense was determined not to totally suck like our defense did...

Sooo, I'llsay it again since you love hearing it so much...

38 points WAS enough to win if our defense had a pulse that night.

✌️😎

🤣🤣🤣........ok. good talk!

VN Store

Back