Stop being manly

Feminists hated married with children. It played into every stereotype which is why it was funny. I don't how anyone could think that shows promoted a liberal agenda.

Oh Lord, I've agreed with OBV and CWV in the same day. That show was so stupid it was hilarious.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems to have coincided with the right's growing belief that manly = dumb. When you view intellectualism as a feminine trait, then you will conclude democrats aren't manly.

Despite what you believe, dragging your knuckles, breathing through your mouth, and playing with guns do not make up the man card test.

Wow, you really do love in an opposite universe.

She is complicit.

She claims to support the causes that are important to the people from whom she wants support and approval, but does nothing to effectively support those causes.

Describes the entire sum total of the left.

LOL, do you think a white kid in Boise is going to jail for 3 years for a simple theft that he didn't do, without getting a trial?

I can't decide if you're being obtuse or really don't know what happened with Kalief Browder.
I know he was held for three years and no trial and he killed himself. That is one person. And in all fairness I said "name one" and you did. That still doesn't make what he endured systematic/cultural oppression. It is tragic and nothing more. You are the one trying to make it a racial thing. And guess what. You weren't there either so when it comes right down to it you don't know any more than I.

But then again, it is too much to ask for 'poor' people to get a legitimate ID in order to vote. Oppression and all.

Last edited:
Now I could go for that; but with my wife, kids and matches come to mind. I still haven't managed to get the concept of hanging heavy stuff and wall studs across; her response is always something like she wants it there not over there and I just don't want to do it.

Thankfully, they came out with new anchors that thread into drywall...you could hang a towel bar and put 40lbs worth of wet towels on them and they won't come down. More expensive than the old butterfly crap ones but they work great. Not sure what tthey are rated for, but each one will hold 20lbs or so on a single screw.

Also, "shark bite" or compression fittings, same thing, have made the need to sweat copper plumbing obsolete. I learned to sweat copper, but it's a dying art with everything going to pex. You can cut a piece of copper pipe, put a shark bite fitting on it, and switch the line over to pex at that point. A 5 year old could run pex plumbing, or PVC drain for that matter, just need a set o f crimpers which can be pricey. Pro tip..if you buy a pair of pex crimpers, spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks and get the pair that will do 1/2" and 3/4" rings...then you are officially a plumber an d can run or replace every single line in your house if it was built after about 1995? Plumbing is the biggest ripoff in construction, other than replacing an AC unit. Those cats are criminals.

*not wanting to offend anyone if their buddy is a plumber. But seriously, removing the art of sweating copper made a plumbing upfit something that my 16 year old son could do...an entire 3 bedroom 2 bath house...with a couple hours of me showing him what dumb stuff NOT to do...like insufficient fall on a drain line. Hot and cold supply lines with pex could be run by a chimp with a joint in his mouth. It's that easy.

I just started using shark bite fittings. Water heater replacement in rental and sink install in my house. I will not go back to gluing up pvc. Never learned to sweat copper fittings. Told my wife if we ever replace all plumbing or build new, we're using pex.

I just started using shark bite fittings. Water heater replacement in rental and sink install in my house. I will not go back to gluing up pvc. Never learned to sweat copper fittings. Told my wife if we ever replace all plumbing or build new, we're using pex.

Smart dude. Buy the combo pex crimpers..pricey, but will never wear out and waaasay cheaper than a plumber. 70 bucks mb?

Also, sweating copper isn't that hard. Just takes practice. Clean surfaces very well with 100 or 200 grit sand paper, clean again thoroughly with flux, then fit the fittings together and heat the fittings themself with a can torch...never the solder..when the copper gets hot enough, you touch the solder to the copper and try to run an even, uniform bead of solder all the way around the joint. Let it cool slowly...tada...done. just takes practice to heat the copper evenly, etc...it really is all but obsolete though in residential plumbing.

You can cut foot long piece of pex, fill it with water, crimp stops on each end, and freeze it solid in yuour freezer. Thaw it, freeze it, over and over. It wont bust or leak. Great stuff.

Also, sweating copper isn't that hard. Just takes practice. Clean surfaces very well with 100 or 200 grit sand paper, clean again thoroughly with flux, then fit the fittings together and heat the fittings themself with a can torch...never the solder..when the copper gets hot enough, you touch the solder to the copper and try to run an even, uniform bead of solder all the way around the joint. Let it cool slowly...tada...done. just takes practice to heat the copper evenly, etc...it really is all but obsolete though in residential plumbing.

You can cut foot long piece of pex, fill it with water, crimp stops on each end, and freeze it solid in yuour freezer. Thaw it, freeze it, over and over. It wont bust or leak. Great stuff.

I'm s fan of progress...like pex. But I'm kinda nostalgic for those old school skills of tradesmen. Used to they worked lead into cast iron. Sweating copper. Cutting roof framing ends eith a speed square on site. Old days bro

Thankfully, they came out with new anchors that thread into drywall...you could hang a towel bar and put 40lbs worth of wet towels on them and they won't come down. More expensive than the old butterfly crap ones but they work great. Not sure what tthey are rated for, but each one will hold 20lbs or so on a single screw.

Also, "shark bite" or compression fittings, same thing, have made the need to sweat copper plumbing obsolete. I learned to sweat copper, but it's a dying art with everything going to pex. You can cut a piece of copper pipe, put a shark bite fitting on it, and switch the line over to pex at that point. A 5 year old could run pex plumbing, or PVC drain for that matter, just need a set o f crimpers which can be pricey. Pro tip..if you buy a pair of pex crimpers, spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks and get the pair that will do 1/2" and 3/4" rings...then you are officially a plumber an d can run or replace every single line in your house if it was built after about 1995? Plumbing is the biggest ripoff in construction, other than replacing an AC unit. Those cats are criminals.

*not wanting to offend anyone if their buddy is a plumber. But seriously, removing the art of sweating copper made a plumbing upfit something that my 16 year old son could do...an entire 3 bedroom 2 bath house...with a couple hours of me showing him what dumb stuff NOT to do...like insufficient fall on a drain line. Hot and cold supply lines with pex could be run by a chimp with a joint in his mouth. It's that easy.

Yeah, I like the thread in type anchors - use them a lot. I do plumbing and electrical as I need. The one complaint about the new electrical outlets (decora or whatever), is that they are missing the screw in the center that you need for plug in multi outlets - duplex outlets just don't seem to cut it anymore.

Uh huh.

It's okay to admit you shed a tear over reading on your iPhone where someone made fun of your mom jeans.

Note 8 here. I hate the Iphone cult. Finally broke down and let my daughter have an iPhone this year. Mainly because my fiance has one and if I bought her an iPhone and then made daughter android I'd have been forced to listen to a rash of crap.

My wife thinks a drywall anchor can hold anything. So do the workers at Home Depot. My brother was asking me about mounting a tv and told me the Home Depot employee recommended drywall anchors.

I'm in the middle of my first big project around the house in years. Complete remodel of the kitchen and install of island bar. I've noticed two things lowes stinks their organization, supply and customer service lag behind home depot. Home depot has resorted to training its employees to simply use their smartphones to find items. Really annoying.

Realized something else. My local Ace which is two blocks from the house is under appreciated.

I’ve gone away from the crimp fittings and am using the new stretch fittings. The tool to set them is about 400$ but worth it when trying to make connections in tight areas.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...pansion-Heads-and-Hard-Case-2432-22/203111678

But you’re correct. I don’t even carry insurance for copper plumbing anymore. I’m not sweating anything ever again.

I'm in the middle of my first big project around the house in years. Complete remodel of the kitchen and install of island bar. I've noticed two things lowes stinks their organization, supply and customer service lag behind home depot. Home depot has resorted to training its employees to simply use their smartphones to find items. Really annoying.

Realized something else. My local Ace which is two blocks from the house is under appreciated.

Agreed. I've gained new appreciation for my local Ace and True Value.

Agreed. I've gained new appreciation for my local Ace and True Value.

The last couple orders that I needed from the big box stores has been done online. Free delivery and I never have to step in the place. Also, if I order on Wednesday it will be delivered by Friday.

Then I pick up the rest of the supplies at Ace.

The local Ace hardly ever seems to have what I need, their employees hardly ever seem to have heard of what I need, and if they happen to, it's overpriced. I usually go there for convenience, leave and drive to the HD or Lowes, and wonder why I even bothered trying Ace to begin with, since going there and leaving empty handed is never convenient.

Note 8 here. I hate the Iphone cult. Finally broke down and let my daughter have an iPhone this year. Mainly because my fiance has one and if I bought her an iPhone and then made daughter android I'd have been forced to listen to a rash of crap.

What’s the big deal in choice of phones? Just curious

VN Store

Back