stock market was up today...

I don’t think that a pullback from near all time highs during a pandemic necessarily qualifies as a bloodbath.

I so wanted to pull the trigger on shorting TSLA at 500 when it split.

Even told my trader buddy and he's like, Dude shut up.

It reminds me of AMZN around 2000. Will eventually dominate, but even AMZN back then went from around 100 to 5 over a couple years.

I so wanted to pull the trigger on shorting TSLA at 500 when it split.

Even told my trader buddy and he's like, Dude shut up.

It reminds me of AMZN around 2000. Will eventually dominate, but even AMZN back then went from around 100 to 5 over a couple years.

Yes. Amazon was just another dot com selling books online back then. Bezos executed though while sock puppets ended up in the garbage pile where they belonged.

If the amount of physical gold GLD has is the amount you say it is, then shouldn't the value of GLD be zero already, or some amount much lower than it is today? Do you know something the market doesn't? You should short GLD then.
I do short GLD. Owning metal is a put option on paper gold and fiat currency.
As far as the present value of GLD, no one else in the mainstream even breaks it down or thinks about the long term ramifications. Plus, nothing has happened yet to trigger anyone to think anything is wrong.

We'd be in a completely different place if businesses and industries where all allowed to collapse while our healthcare system became overwhelmed and consumers died off on a massive scale. So equity markets are reacting optimistically that the worst case scenario is behind us and economic growth is ahead.

Those being given the extra $600/week in unemployment benefits will be back at work real quick once that program is ended. Cutting it off likely leads to another benefit in that Antifa and BLM will whither away.

The stimulus saved businesses which saved jobs which pay dividends in the form of taxes back to the government. Doing nothing and we'd really be in a mess.

Hmmmmm...

US Retail Sales Disappoint, Online Spending Growth Hits A Wall As Government Handouts End

After May's huge rebound from March and April's collapse, which pushed total retail sales to new record highs, August's growth was expected to slow as government handouts fade from memory and jobs don't return as rapidly as everyone expected.

Sounds like a buy! What do they do again?
Cloud based data warehousing.

Revenues are going up in multiples. Losses are dropping period over period. They’ll probably be swimming in free cash flow soon.

They already count half the S&P 500 as customers.

Revenues are going up in multiples. Losses are dropping period over period. They’ll probably be swimming in free cash flow soon.

Jump all over it then. I've invested in these types of companies before and lost my shirt.

Jump all over it then. I've invested in these types of companies before and lost my shirt.
No no, never directly. I’ve got a couple of different funds that might take a bite though.

I don’t own any individual stocks, besides my Berkshire position. Well, and company stock. But that’s it!

How are they different from Rackspace? Other than costing 25x as much.

VN Store

Back