Steve Caldwell Returns to Rocky Top to Work Along Side Fulmer

Caldwell has to be in his mid 60s by now. Can't imagine that this is anything but Fulmer giving a consulting job to an old friend and former longtime employee.
So he may be 60. He is not on the field and he has a lot o football knowledge. He is not just a old friend looking for a handout. I am glad that he is on the staff and look forward to his contributions.

Reactions: Winchester73
So he may be 60. He is not on the field and he has a lot o football knowledge. He is not just a old friend looking for a handout. I am glad that he is on the staff and look forward to his contributions.
I wasn't belittling the hire. Caldwell obviously must be a good guy to work with if he's had a 40 year coaching career. Just pointing out that they likely didn't bring in a 65 year old in hopes of making him the AD when the current 65 year old AD retires.

Nice post. I'll bet you're just a blast to hang around.

Sometimes it's like playing cards with your brother's kids around here.

Peyton Manning to O.C., Al Wilson to coach LB's, Gruden sightings at the airport......

Geezus!

He is 65 and Fulmer is 70, per Google. And certainly has a lot of knowledge and I’m sure will be a great addition. Doubtful IMHO he is being groomed to replace Fulmer as some have suggested. Anyways.... always good when a VFL returns home. 😊🧡

VN Store

Back