Stetson Bennett arrested

Who cares about college football national championships when this guys life is going down the drain. This guy is on a road to destruction. He’s luckily he didn’t get shot banging on doors drunk in Dallas Texas.. You Georgia people got your titles…Bennett will end up miserable the rest of his life chasing what once was. Hopefully he gets the help he needs since the GA fans could care less What happens to him. Oh by the way there has already been numerous arrests and two deaths since your national championship this year. If I was a parent I’d reconsider what ole Chubby smart has created in Athens….who sold their soul to the devil??? Is it worth it? Search your soul GA fans.
A PI is the road to destruction? You can stand outside of Cool Beans till 3am and give out 400 of those on a Sunday night. Hyperbole much?

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I started reading this thread, wondering when the small but vocal group of VolDawgs would show up and vigorously defend all things uga, even at the expense of their "own" team.

@BAMA-DAWG showed up first, but I'll give him a pass. At least he is an actual uga fan. And he has a sense of humor.

But then around page 4, the defense started, with one poster countering a post that Bennett flipped off crowds with two photos of Vols doing the same thing. I get it, it's not that big of a deal, but I will NEVER understand throwing your own team under the bus to defend another team, especially uga.

Is this the crime of the century? No, but it is kinda funny when you realize just how much most uga fans insist their players and 'culture' is so superior to other programs. LMAO. Kids are kids.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I started reading this thread, wondering when the small but vocal group of VolDawgs would show up and vigorously defend all things uga, even at the expense of their "own" team.

@BAMA-DAWG showed up first, but I'll give him a pass. At least he is an actual uga fan. And he has a sense of humor.

But then around page 4, the defense started, with one poster countering a post that Bennett flipped off crowds with two photos of Vols doing the same thing. I get it, it's not that big of a deal, but I will NEVER understand throwing your own team under the bus to defend another team, especially uga.

Is this the crime of the century? No, but it is kinda funny when you realize just how much most uga fans insist their players and 'culture' is so superior to other programs. LMAO. Kids are kids.
The point was that we call a kid a punk for doing a telephone hand gesture and a mic drop, but then celebrate our guys shooting birds. It’s not defending uga, it’s pointing out our own hypocritical nature.
If we can’t stand a cocky attitude from an opponent, then we shouldn’t support it in our players either.
I can’t understand calling out bad behavior in others, but then celebrating it when they wear orange.

The point was that we call a kid a punk for doing a telephone hand gesture and a mic drop, but then celebrate our guys shooting birds. It’s not defending uga, it’s pointing out our own hypocritical nature.
If we can’t stand a cocky attitude from an opponent, then we shouldn’t support it in our players either.
I can’t understand calling out bad behavior in others, but then celebrating it when they wear orange.
Problem is there is a lot of posters on here that constantly take up for uga and root for uga in non uga-ut contests because "SEC". Dumbest **** I've ever seen.

The local media herein Atlanta is freaking out about this and how Stetson is being treated by the Senior Bowl chairman.

Problem is there is a lot of posters on here that constantly take up for uga and root for uga in non uga-ut contests because "SEC". Dumbest **** I've ever seen.
Preach! We even had a thread in the FF explaining how them winning again would be better for us, because we'd be ranked higher. They win, and we end up in the same spot, and crickets. Several of us tried explaining how it hurts us, but some people don't understand football, and I actually think some are just trolls

It’s dumb to cheer for our opponents. That recruit choosing between us and the bad side might be swayed by their rings and trophies. Without them, maybe he’s coming to Knoxville. Florida dying right now is a great example... Heup won’t be losing recruiting battles with those losers any time soon. Always better for our rivals to lose.

I get that. And frankly your post wasn't even in the same vein of the ones I expect, it was just the one my old brain remembered. The VolDawgs in here are pretty determined and can even be mean spirited with their uga defense.

Your post reminds me of the old Bear Bryant quote along the lines of 'son, when you get to the end zone, act like youve been there before'. You and I are in agreement with flipping the bird, etc.

I still don't understand this. It's been a reality since he started this past college football season. Stetson will never be a starting NFL QB and he will not succeed at that level.
OK Carnac...now can ya gimme the over/under for the Super Bowl?

CARNAC.jpg

Reactions: VolInNW
OK Carnac...now can ya gimme the over/under for the Super Bowl?

View attachment 534302

LOL.

I agree he is not a NFL starter. He could be a serviceable backup with the right team. It's all a matter of being realistic about your abilities and finding the right spot.

For example, if Tebow could have swallowed his QB pride and realized his NFL-relevant skill set, he could have been a very good NFL TE. He had the size and speed. But he simply refused to think he was anything other than a starting QB, and so he is a footnote.

LOL.

I agree he is not a NFL starter. He could be a serviceable backup with the right team. It's all a matter of being realistic about your abilities and finding the right spot.

For example, if Tebow could have swallowed his QB pride and realized his NFL-relevant skill set, he could have been a very good NFL TE. He had the size and speed. But he simply refused to think he was anything other than a starting QB, and so he is a footnote.
Lee Corso Voice: Not so fast my friend!
Remember he tried to play TE for the Jags with Urban and still couldn’t hack it.

I get that. And frankly your post wasn't even in the same vein of the ones I expect, it was just the one my old brain remembered. The VolDawgs in here are pretty determined and can even be mean spirited with their uga defense.

Your post reminds me of the old Bear Bryant quote along the lines of 'son, when you get to the end zone, act like youve been there before'. You and I are in agreement with flipping the bird, etc.
Agree completely, which is why I only display my Gaulden double bird poster one Saturday each year.

Reactions: VolInNW
Remember he tried to play TE for the Jags with Urban and still couldn’t hack it.
...as a 34-year-old 6 years out of football. If he attempted to as a 24-year-old, who knows?

IMO, it's pretty clear that after the Jets let him go his primary goal was to remain in the media spotlight in some capacity and lay the groundwork for a media career (which he successfully did), not actually land a role with a team.

I think you should assume:
1. Everybody on the entire internet remembers that in great detail, and
2. We all thought that it would be stupid to bring it up, and
3. So we didn't.

It's been a reality since he started this past college football season. Stetson will never be a starting NFL QB and he will not succeed at that level.

I don't know if he'll ever start in the NFL or even make a roster because my vision of future reality is not clear. But I do know that Bennett's reality for the last few years has been rival fans, media, experts, and even lots of UGA fans telling him he couldn't succeed at every turn. He'd never be a contributor at UGA, he'd never be a starter, he'd never be a winning starter, he'd never win the big games or the shootouts, he'd never win a championship. I can't even imagine how much willpower it took to ignore all that negative noise and become 4 time playoff game MVP, on the way to two championships. I guess he just decided he wouldn't let his actual reality be dictated by other people's opinion of reality.

That said, I do think there may be some truth in what Nagy said (although if Jim Nagy really wanted to help Stetson Bennett, he could've said those things in a private message). After thriving for years on his anger and the need to prove everyone wrong, Stetson needs to look for new internal drivers. The "chip on the shoulder", if that's what he has, may not serve him well as the decades pass.

Agree completely, which is why I only display my Gaulden double bird poster one Saturday each year.

As far as Gaulden or any other Vol throwing the bird at Bama, I'm good with it. He gets double points for doing it at their house as far as I'm concerned. We;re not playing tea time with crumpets and angling for best behaved. Eff that. We're playing big boy SEC football, blood, snot, taking shots in a fumble recovery pile are all accepted. A rule is not a rule unless it's enforced.

VN Store

Back