Stephanie Watts commits to Southern Cal

Well there you go! Seems like that place was a dumpster fire. Is it possible that we didn't extend her an offer after her visit? I never even saw anything about her vising Southern Cal, but they are desperate for players after losing 6 to transfer and 4 to graduation. Possible they offered her a starting spot sight unseen.

Idk bout y'all. But I think Tennessee will be fine. I'm expecting a huge jump from Jaz, Zay(if she's there), and Burrell. I also expect KK to make that jump as well. Top that with the 3 point shooters added and the new transfer from yesterday. The team is well balanced as is. Any other additions will just add to what's already there.

Idk bout y'all. But I think Tennessee will be fine. I'm expecting a huge jump from Jaz, Zay(if she's there), and Burrell. I also expect KK to make that jump as well. Top that with the 3 point shooters added and the new transfer from yesterday. The team is well balanced as is. Any other additions will just add to what's already there.

I agree, I believe we have 12 women on our roster for next season with the addition of Rennie, McCoy and the 3 incoming freshman.

I would say the only other possible piece we could add is an experienced guard, that is our one big hole in the line-up. I hate to have to rely on Horston to run the point as a freshman, I'm just tired of seeing that at UT. I feel like we've had an underclassman (aside from Reynolds who never impressed me) at the PG spot for the last 5 seasons or so. If we could land Marta Sniezek she would provide immediate experience at the lead guard spot and would probably eliminate about 6 turnovers a game just from having some experience at the D1 Power 5 level.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Yep, I wish her well, but I've already moved on. (As the Eagles band sang, "I'm already gone... And I'm feeling' strong... I will sing this vic'try song... 'Cause I'm already gone")

And may I just say that the "ignore" feature has made my message board experience so much better that I'm kicking myself for not using it before now.

Give Coach Harper a chance,the season hasn't even started!

Well the first month of the offseason couldn't have gone much worse. The roster is significantly weaker than when she took over, and that's coming off a 19 win season. She just whiffed on a terrific opportunity to help alleviate that. It was a perfect situation for Watts, and Kellie couldn't close. Instead she is going a million miles away to a team that didn't even make the postseason. Very disappointing...

Well the first month of the offseason couldn't have gone much worse. The roster is significantly weaker than when she took over, and that's coming off a 19 win season. She just whiffed on a terrific opportunity to help alleviate that. It was a perfect situation for Watts, and Kellie couldn't close. Instead she is going a million miles away to a team that didn't even make the postseason. Very disappointing...

Hey Darth,

Had a great snack at your restaurant- Krispy Kreme holes.

Let's break it down. Evina's transfer is a big loss and anyone who says different is just denying reality. But, Evina's mom made it clear (and now we know she wasn;t bluffing) that Evina was gone before the season ended. That transfer is really not on KJH.

But, having Horston coming in lessens the blow and KHJ did keep her in the fold, and the other signings as well, and not recognizing that plus is also denying reality.

Mimi came on strong toward the end of the season and again her transfer is a loss. However, for much of the season, she looked like an overmatched freshman. It is not clear at all that Keys or new signing McCoy can't contribute as much when we get to the end of the season.

On the plus side, perhaps the coaching change will get more out of Massengill and Burrell and get Davis and Green playing at a more consistently high level. And there is clearly room for KK to make more of a contribution.

All in all, it is a big overstatement to say the line-up is significantly worse than last year. Mimi was a good player buy Keys might be a better player. We don't know what Lou Brown or McCoy can provide as a replacement. And if Horston is as good as advertised, the net change at PG might not be so massive either.

As for Watts, there was no guarantee that she would have been starting over Horston or even Massengill and that was a role she wanted. So, you could say her going to USC may have more to do with the strength of the LV line-up than any failings in KJH.

Did she committed to SC or USC? Lots of people doesn't understand the difference.

VN Store

Back