Steelers claim Dobbs

Geez, you guys are acting like he's making $30K in an entry-level job or something. He'll make $825K this year. You're set for life after a couple of years of that if you manage your money wisely. And I suspect Josh Dobbs will do just that.

Geez, how do figure that I am a guy acting like he will be making a $30k entry level job. I simply said he did not get a huge contract or signing bonus like a lot of players but the pension will be great for him. It was not a slam on him it was a compliment, and how fortunate he is.

BS...you're not informed about sports either. Brady started halfway through his rookie season when Bledsoe went down with an injury and led the Patriots to the Super Bowl. My goodness what a dumb post. Dobbs isn't in the same stratosphere as Brady...damn

Unless a team is barraged by injuries at QB, Dobbs will never be a starter in the NFL.
Brady didn’t play his rookie season...you’re thinking about his second season.

I can't speak to whether if the Steeelers would have picked up Rudolph if they had previously traded him to a team that cut him. I do know less than 12 months ago the Steelers felt Rudolph was better in his 2nd season than Dobbs in his 3rd season as Dobbs was traded and Rudolph was not. I know that Rudolph has game experience including multiple starts last season and Dobbs didn't take a snap last season. I know that Rudolph has been with the Steelers all off season and this preseason continuing to learn the system and players. Dobbs has not.

With all of that said, I don't see how Dobbs beats out a guy who was previously deemed better than him who also now has more time with the team and most importantly far and away more real game time experience.

Good points, and I would counter that Rudolph got to start 8 games last season and showed little potential, rating dead last in QBR on a team with pretty good offensive personnel. By picking up Dobbs, I think the Steelers believe Dobbs may have performed better than Rudolph last season had be been given the opportunity.

Good points, and I would counter that Rudolph got to start 8 games last season and showed little potential, rating dead last in QBR on a team with pretty good offensive personnel. By picking up Dobbs, I think the Steelers believe Dobbs may have performed better than Rudolph last season had be been given the opportunity.
Good offensive personnel many of whom missed games because of their own injuries including JuJu and Conners each missing 4 games after Roethlisberger's injury. Rudolph also sustained two injuries of his own causing him to miss a game and eventually being placed on IR. And then the entire circus caused by Miles Garrett. Prior to the helmet to his chin vs the Ravens, Rudolph played pretty well.

Rudolph was active tonight, Dobbs was not. Pretty unlikely they activate the the 3rd best QB while leaving the second best at home.

Geez, how do figure that I am a guy acting like he will be making a $30k entry level job. I simply said he did not get a huge contract or signing bonus like a lot of players but the pension will be great for him. It was not a slam on him it was a compliment, and how fortunate he is.

Because you're acting like the hypothetical $21,000 pension that he might receive in 35+ years is a big deal, but the $825,000 salary he'll earn this year is chump change. He's not a coal miner from Pikeville. NFL backup QB salaries are quite large by "regular person" standards even if it's not $25+ million Drew Brees type of money. Dobbs will make more this year as a backup QB than most people on this board will make in 15 years. The pension is an after-thought.

Because you're acting like the hypothetical $21,000 pension that he might receive in 35+ years is a big deal, but the $825,000 salary he'll earn this year is chump change. He's not a coal miner from Pikeville. NFL backup QB salaries are quite large by "regular person" standards even if it's not $25+ million Drew Brees type of money. Dobbs will make more this year as a backup QB than most people on this board will make in 15 years. The pension is an after-thought.

I think most on here would take both. I don’t understand the bickering about it.

From JD’s perspective, it’s way more than he would make as an engineer. He seems like a great young man, so good for him.

From JD’s perspective, it’s way more than he would make as an engineer. He seems like a great young man, so good for him.

It's a dream situation for an engineer. Let's say he's out of the NFL at 30. He doesn't have to take to take a regular job. He can just start his own company right off the bat. Wish I could've been an NFL backup for a few years, got a bunch of capital, and then not worry about having to raise capital to start a company.

It's a dream situation for an engineer. Let's say he's out of the NFL at 30. He doesn't have to take to take a regular job. He can just start his own company right off the bat. Wish I could've been an NFL backup for a few years, got a bunch of capital, and then not worry about having to raise capital to start a company.

I can’t like this enough.

Reactions: rocytop2624

No, not acting like the $825,000 is chump change at all. But, I must ask for your forgiveness to post something that does not meet your requirements, or is not exactly how you think.

Or maybe they thought he'd be better than Hodges, who was even worse than Rudolph.

Good offensive personnel many of whom missed games because of their own injuries including JuJu and Conners each missing 4 games after Roethlisberger's injury. Rudolph also sustained two injuries of his own causing him to miss a game and eventually being placed on IR. And then the entire circus caused by Miles Garrett. Prior to the helmet to his chin vs the Ravens, Rudolph played pretty well.

Rudolph was active tonight, Dobbs was not. Pretty unlikely they activate the the 3rd best QB while leaving the second best at home.

Dobbs is inactive again today.

VN Store

Back