Steelers claim Dobbs

Bears (and KC before that) release him every year...and then sign him to the practice squad.
Exactly. I just read that he was expected to be the practice squad QB. I say with all the knowledge he has absorbed over the years he might make a good QB coach or offensive coordinator in the future.

Reactions: BigDave
I think I remember someone on here said he was screwed over for the Heisman Trophy.

2020 the year of hindsight.
Except I said it at the he got traded on here I think. The only reason they chose to keep the Oklahoma State guy over him is that he was a higher draft choice. They seemed to pay no attention to the fact that Dobbs, in limited action, always got good results. Sorry, can't think of the name of the guy they kept instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Except I said it at the he got traded on here I think. The only reason they chose to keep the Oklahoma State guy over him is that he was a higher draft choice. They seemed to pay no attention to the fact that Dobbs, in limited action, always got good results. Sorry, can't think of the name of the guy they kept instead.
In his only extended playing time, he was 4 of 9 for 24 yards with 1 INT versus the Raiders. Other than the one series with throw from the endzone against Baltimore, Dobbs had no other meaningful regular season snaps.

Why do I've cream trucks play "Turkey in the Straw"? Annoying.

Dude out of Ok. St., Mason Rudolph

That's a lot of beer bottles! Sorry had to go there lol....maybe one of the most physically talented QBs TN has ever had
As the old saying goes. Million dollar arm five cent head. But more power to him. Sure he has made millions with that clipboard. Just never cared for him or his buddy receiver Da Rick.

As the old saying goes. Million dollar arm five cent head. But more power to him. Sure he has made millions with that clipboard. Just never cared for him or his buddy receiver Da Rick.
Where I lost the most respect for him was when he showed up to the combine and had some obviously developed musculature. That told me that he spent 3 years here and put in no effort. But I know Bama fans were green with envy over his natural ability.

Nothing wrong with being a backup QB in the NFL. It's good money. And look how long Bray has managed to stick around in the NFL.
I checked out T.Bray on sportrac awhile ago. Dude has signed a million dollar contract in March for the past 3 years with the bears and in late August every year he gets cut and signed to the practice squad. How does that work out because practice players are only paid like $166k per year.

I checked out T.Bray on sportrac awhile ago. Dude has signed a million dollar contract in March for the past 3 years with the bears and in late August every year he gets cut and signed to the practice squad. How does that work out because practice players are only paid like $166k per year.
Sign a guaranteed bones contract and then make practice squad money on top of that.

Exactly. I just read that he was expected to be the practice squad QB. I say with all the knowledge he has absorbed over the years he might make a good QB coach or offensive coordinator in the future.
Can't see Bray as a coach. He can't even hit a dumpster with a bottle without a Toyota tipping it.

VN Store

Back