Steele mental breakdowns?

Heard about this earlier on 990. Not sure if there's any validity to the rumors about his health or not...but disturbing nonetheless.

We have heard several disturbing things about Steele's possible psychological breakdown during the Orange Bowl game. Multiple sources have said that he was calling plays from his days with the Panthers, which aren't in the Clemson playbook, and as such the players were totally confused. It reportedly happened during the Auburn game as well. I do not know if that is true, and frankly think it a bit farfetched, but I do know that Steele has a reputation for being a nervous wreck on gamedays. I'm sure most of you recall that he passed out on the sidelines during a game, and I have heard many times that he requires an IV for fluids because he's such a wreck and won't eat at all on gameday. Hopefully he can get these things corrected for his own health.

-NBC Sports

Didn't someone on here (maybe it was one of TOS's) that said he was ill and would be gone from Clemson? Coulda sworn I saw that somewhere.

SIAP but I was just reading up about Steele. Anybody hear about his passing out on the sidelines? Or calling plays from his coaching positions on other teams, plays that weren't even in Clemson's playbook?

Kevin Steele Forced Out at*Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Where is all this crazy stuff coming from? I hope that he is in good health. Or could it be that he is indeed leaving like what it said on ESPN to persue other coaching opportunities like maybe Tennessee?

If there's any truth to this, I hope the guy gets help. I hope there is help. Illnesses that effect the mind are ugly. It's sad.

VN Store

Back