Steele asking out of his Auburn commitment.

I would say yes, but with the guards we have and that are coming in, I just think personally it would be a waste of a scholly.JMO

I guess he does not like the influence of Calamari with slimeball on the side.

Kids do this alot,when you have a coaching change.He could still end up at AU and hes Ron Steeles brother...might be a nice pick up for someone

Tony Barbee is part of the Calipari coaching family.

Well it's not like Calipari is going to be calling him up now that he's in Auburn and giving him advice. I highly doubt that affected Jalen Steele's decision to decommit from Auburn.

I'm not saying Jalen Steele was encouraged to de commit, but the feeling around here is that Barbee isn't trying to keep him. He is a typical Lebo recruit, as in he should not be playing in the SEC.

I saw Anthony Grant from Alabama scouting him at the state title. That's a recruiting violation, though.

I'm not saying Jalen Steele was encouraged to de commit, but the feeling around here is that Barbee isn't trying to keep him. He is a typical Lebo recruit, as in he should not be playing in the SEC.

A typical Lebo recruit isn't deserving of playing rec league.

Well it's not like Calipari is going to be calling him up now that he's in Auburn and giving him advice. I highly doubt that affected Jalen Steele's decision to decommit from Auburn.

No, but he may use the services of WWW.

No, but he may use the services of WWW.

With what basis do you make this assumption? I don't know anything about Barbee, but just because he was an assistant under Calipari doesn't mean he is automatically a slimeball cheater.

With what basis do you make this assumption? I don't know anything about Barbee, but just because he was an assistant under Calipari doesn't mean he is automatically a slimeball cheater.

No, but it is all about that influence.

Auburn will be at a state that it wants to get back to basketball that it may do whatever it takes to get back to that level.

It is my understanding that because Wes now has an actual job (particularly one as an agent) he can no longer provide such services.

He is not related to Ronald Steele as previously posted by someone. This kid is from Fulton High School in Knoxville. Ronald and Andrew Steele were from Alabama. Jalen's coach has been contacted by several high majors since news of his release, such as UCLA, Georgia, and Alabama among others.

This kid can play. Would have been a better addition that Skylar McBee.

Steele would be a great pickup...if he walks on.

VN Store

Back