Stayin' Alive...for real.

Hello sameolvol, good luck on your wait for a "homeless heart" I am gonna steal that. I too was placed on the transplant portal just two weeks ago. Congrats on picking Duke they are special I chose Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis because I just could not give Vanderbilt any cred. They removed my left ventricle and replaced it with an LVAD, a temporary pump while I wait for a heart. I have no advice other than prayer changes things and wear as much UT gear as you can, nurses seem to love Rocky top
Two of us brothers in orange on "the list." Very best to you, too, my friend. LVAD's probably next in line if I get just the least bit worse with the v-tachs; that or just languish in CCU til the new "baby" arrives. Surreal. Is it not?

Reactions: VolNExile
Well, heck fellow ladies and gents of our Big Orange ilk. I've held off for a week, but my lovely wife Laura suggested I let my sissies and bros at VN in on our situation, as we both consider prayer to be the strongest force in this universe.

Driving back home from Duke University Hospital last Thursday the 27th (it's a 162 mile drive) we began literally howling in laughter as the Bee Gee's song "Stayin' Alive" cranked out on a Sirius station she'd just tuned in. Huh? Let me tell ya' why.

Starting just past the first of this year my stage III chf (congestive heart failure) finally reached that dreaded "end stage" situation ... replete with a bunch of shocks from my ICD. Having fought this sooner-or-later terminal disease over (literally) 33 years, and all the while continuing and building on my much loved and enjoyed career, I still understood that that day was coming. [Hits hard, kids.

Since 2015 I've been consulting with the best of the best ... Duke's Cardiology group ... with the sole goal of when end stage would arrive, I could become the recipient of a healthy but homeless heart so that I could give back all the great things in this life I've been blessed with.

Long story short: Although at the sorta' old age of 69, I've been placed on the heart transplant list. I'm at home only so long as I can remain stable and this blessed curse of an ICD doesn't nail me again. That happens and I'm being life-flighted back to Duke, hooked up to all that paraphernalia until my heart arrives. All in all, until then, it's all about stayin' alive.

When y'all are talking to our awesome God, maybe you can remember this old Vol dude in your conversation with Him.

Oh. One more thing: I sure do hope there are blood donors with ORANGE POSITIVE blood type. GBO!
In the Hospital With Crohn’s As I am typing. Best Wishes and Good Luck . GBO!

In the Hospital With Crohn’s As I am typing. Best Wishes and Good Luck . GBO!
Prayers for you for sure. My sister's been dealing with Crohn's for years ... not fun at all. It doesn't go away, but the symptoms can be negated to varying degrees ... dependent on your body's overall condition and your physician's/medical staff's level of profficiency. My hope is that you've got the best ones available. GBO!

Reactions: malinoisvol
Well, heck fellow ladies and gents of our Big Orange ilk. I've held off for a week, but my lovely wife Laura suggested I let my sissies and bros at VN in on our situation, as we both consider prayer to be the strongest force in this universe.

Driving back home from Duke University Hospital last Thursday the 27th (it's a 162 mile drive) we began literally howling in laughter as the Bee Gee's song "Stayin' Alive" cranked out on a Sirius station she'd just tuned in. Huh? Let me tell ya' why.

Starting just past the first of this year my stage III chf (congestive heart failure) finally reached that dreaded "end stage" situation ... replete with a bunch of shocks from my ICD. Having fought this sooner-or-later terminal disease over (literally) 33 years, and all the while continuing and building on my much loved and enjoyed career, I still understood that that day was coming. [Hits hard, kids.

Since 2015 I've been consulting with the best of the best ... Duke's Cardiology group ... with the sole goal of when end stage would arrive, I could become the recipient of a healthy but homeless heart so that I could give back all the great things in this life I've been blessed with.

Long story short: Although at the sorta' old age of 69, I've been placed on the heart transplant list. I'm at home only so long as I can remain stable and this blessed curse of an ICD doesn't nail me again. That happens and I'm being life-flighted back to Duke, hooked up to all that paraphernalia until my heart arrives. All in all, until then, it's all about stayin' alive.

When y'all are talking to our awesome God, maybe you can remember this old Vol dude in your conversation with Him.

Oh. One more thing: I sure do hope there are blood donors with ORANGE POSITIVE blood type. GBO!
Praying

Praying!!

Prayers your way olVol!

Prayers for you for sure. My sister's been dealing with Crohn's for years ... not fun at all. It doesn't go away, but the symptoms can be negated to varying degrees ... dependent on your body's overall condition and your physician's/medical staff's level of profficiency. My hope is that you've got the best ones available. GBO!
Waiting on another surgery but Life is Good!

Prayers to you and your family

Reactions: Kingofkodak

VN Store

Back