Stay Or Go

Vol_Fan_2019

Any thoughts on who will stay and who will go? I know it is early but just looking at roster and who is coming in. Obviously everyone will not be able to stay and go. Who will go to the draft and who will just move on with life. Will incoming freshmen jump to jucos? Will Corona seniors and redshirt juniors stay for the extra year or move on with life. I know this will definitely be a stressful time for all players/families both incoming for this year and 2021s, 2022s and 2023s and current players and coaches.

I think it will be interesting to see how all of this plays out for the current players and incoming guys this year and the years to come. I won't be surprised to see some players who were planning on coming in seek out other options, either juco or a different level of ball. I feel sorry for walk-ons who had hopes of making a roster spot. I think it will be so much harder next spring to find playing time or all players. I won't be surprised to see almost every player from this year's team come back except maybe a couple. The 5 rounds of MLB draft and the extra year will send a lot of guys back to college ball where they will still have the same leverage next year with 15 more rounds and a year of growth and experience. There are and will be a lot of tough conversations that will take place in homes and between coaches and players/prospects in the coming weeks/months.

VN Store

Back