Statistical probabilities of a Volunteer win

FortSanders

This website is amazingly accurate in predicting wins and losses. It has the good guys losing 2 more games, once to Kentucky and once to LSU. My problem is that it doesn't measure the heart of a team. This team's heart and character tell me otherwise. The character and gut of each player counts most.

RealTimeRPI.com Tennessee Volunteers Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

It also removes the orange bias as well though, something that as fans we struggle to do.

I think we will be able to scheme up LSU pretty well, like we did SC. I think we prob lose one to KY. Other than that to me our biggest threat is an Auburn team, which is flawed, but can get red hot on any particular night.

I agree with on all games, Vols probably gonna lose couple games, Ky very hard beat @Rupp, LSU talented and play good @home. Auburn u don't know if
they white hot or ice cold and they will shoot 30-3 pt shots. Vols have good chance n all games b/c they disciplined unselfish play as team do not panic in games.
. GO VOLS

Reactions: FlVols
I think we will be able to scheme up LSU pretty well, like we did SC. I think we prob lose one to KY. Other than that to me our biggest threat is an Auburn team, which is flawed, but can get red hot on any particular night.
I completely agree on Kentucky. Talented team that if they’re on, they can play with anybody. I think we’ll be prepared and won’t be blown out if that happens however.

The site also links to the Lady Vols’ predictor showing a projected 19-10 season. If it happens, it would be the first non-20 win season since 1975-76 season.

This website is amazingly accurate in predicting wins and losses. It has the good guys losing 2 more games, once to Kentucky and once to LSU. My problem is that it doesn't measure the heart of a team. This team's heart and character tell me otherwise. The character and gut of each player counts most.

RealTimeRPI.com Tennessee Volunteers Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet
About what I thought. I hope this is right because it shows us winning the conference by 2 games with LSU and Ky second. 16-2 in conference I will take right now. Looks like a number 1 seed.

... My problem is that it doesn't measure the heart of a team. This team's heart and character tell me otherwise. The character and gut of each player counts most.

I guess the algorithm designers would say that our heart and character are being revealed in the results, and thus are being counted.

But here's a thought: Barnes' focus has always been on each player improving every day. Possibly, what can't be measured by analysis (before the teams match up) is how much or how rapidly we're improving in comparison to LSU or KY.

Against lesser teams, our cumulative improvement might not be measurable. So I'm thinking until we face KY and LSU, it can't be known if we've improved more than they have.

We've got better brains than mine here in Vol Nation. Am I making a valid assumption?

One thing's obvious: KY has certainly improved to another level already this season.

Reactions: GlockVol
I wish that site would calculate the odds of UT scoring (as the site predicts) in their last 11 games: 86 points six times, 83 points four times, and 84 points once. That's some amazingly precise targeting of mid 80s by our Vols.

IMHO, the Vols can beat Kentucky twice, Auburn and LSU. I think the next loss will be against a team that blindsides the Vols.
I agree. I've been following Tennessee basketball for over 50 years and have never saw the will to win as strong as this team has shown. Several games I thought we had choked with 1 1/2 minutes left and they pulled it out. I couldn't be more pleased. Well maybe a national championship would please a little more. lol

The score predictions are a little funny. I doubt we score between 83 and 86 points every game for the rest of the season

Kentucky will have to play really well to beat us I feel. Florida is exposing them through the 1st half.[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Kentucky will have to play really well to beat us I feel. Florida is exposing them through the 1st half.[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
Florida exposed us down there too. I expect Ky to come out and pull out a tough one. The road is a difficult place to play in the SEC. never underestimate that. The key is coming out with a win.

They have us losing at Kentucky and LSU which would put us at 16-2 SEC and 28-3 over all at end of regular season. While I want to win them all,thats not shabby.

VN Store

Back