Statistical Predictors- Mizzou vs. TN

If they beat us, I hope it’s by more than a point. I hate going down like that.

As long as we play like we did against Kentucky, a narrow loss to Mizzou will still keep us on our trajectory of improvement. They are going to be tough to beat. I expect it to be close, either way. A win would be a bonus. I still want to beat Vandy, no matter what. We ought to win that one.

They do have a great OC, per Drew Lock reason he came back for his Sr. year. So there's that but everything I've read on here we should beat them because Dooley is on their sideline simple as that.

Reactions: RollerVol
Didn't Kentucky just win at Missouri??
Yeah but some folks just go by the week before, you know like when we played so bad against charlotte there is no way we can beat Kentucky. You know the internet board kneejerk logic that builds the other team up and there is no way you can beat them. If we beat Missouri folks will be saying they aren't good, they just move it around to fit the narrative until they can't anymore then they go silent. GBO!!!!!!

Beat them in every way possible besides scoring more points.

True... due to some typical SEC "refereeing". Anyone who thinks Missouri isn't as good as UK is mistaken. I hope our team doesn't think like this or we'll get our asses handed to us.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps trashing Dooley. He was bad as our head coach, but he is a good OC imo.

Did you get permission to use my avatar?
:rolleyes:
j/k ;)
I switched it. I actually did not think anyone from East Tennessee would recognize Stonewall. I changed it to James A. "Old Pete" Longstreet. He was the one who commanded the good guys at Fort Sanders.

Reactions: MadWorld
Mizzou has a lot of upside that hasn't showed in all of their games. They have played well in their tougher games and stumbled on easier ones. They did struggle at times, but when Lock is hot they put up points. I think that this will be a high scoring game by our current standards. Something like Vols 35- Mizzou 28 seems about right to me. I hope we really open the offensive playbook and dial up the stunts and pressure on defense. If we do those things and play as physically as we have at times in the season ( see games VS Aubrun and Kentucky) we have a chance to shut out the noise, play our game, and shut down the talking heads and neigh sayers. To me, the 2019 season starts here at the end of 2018. The momentum that we have at the end of the season will carry that workman like approach and winning mentality into the off-season.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
I switched it. I actually did not think anyone from East Tennessee would recognize Stonewall. I changed it to James A. "Old Pete" Longstreet. He was the one who commanded the good guys at Fort Sanders.

At least Old Pete lived through the war. Stonewall...... ouch, shot by his own men. (Actually, Longstreet was shot in the hand by his own men too.) Civil war buff here. :)

VN Store

Back