State of UT Bball recruiting

Xanny

Just read where Chris Barnes is going to announce on Thursday of this week and UT is not one of the 4 he will choose from. Hickson went to NC State and Tatum is supposed to come to UT IF he makes his grades. Anyone have an idea as to how this 07 class will improve or will we just take one or 2 lower ranked guys to fill spots and hope to do better next year?

We are looking hard towards the JUCO rankings for a post. Next year is loaded, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us only take two(Tatum and a post) and leave one scholly for next year.

Just read where Chris Barnes is going to announce on Thursday of this week and UT is not one of the 4 he will choose from. Hickson went to NC State and Tatum is supposed to come to UT IF he makes his grades. Anyone have an idea as to how this 07 class will improve or will we just take one or 2 lower ranked guys to fill spots and hope to do better next year?
Pearl will hold on to the scholarships if he doesn't think there's anyone interested who will be a real contributor. There's no reason to throw scholarships away.

What hat said. We really want another post though because it will be hard to rely on Crews, Chism, and Childress to hold down the 4 and 5(especially if Crews or Chism was to leave early). I think there are a few good JUCOs that we are evaluating.

Does anyone have a link to Tatum? I tried to find him on rivals and couldn't do it.

Jason Henry, the #28 player in the nation according to Rivals, says Tennessee is his leader. He is 6'7" and could play the SF position, among other things. He plans to sign with someone in the spring, but he is currently trying to get his grades up in order to be eligible, so he may have to go to prep school. According to Rob Lewis, Tatum is a definite signee come November. As for a post player, like hvwarrior said, Pearl is looking at the JUCO ranks. However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes along in the spring, perhaps a decommit or a late bloomer.

VN Store

Back