• Hooker

Votes: 38 5.6%
  • Bailey

Votes: 133 19.5%
  • Maurer

Votes: 12 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Treating a G5 opener like a scrimmage worked so well for the last staff, hopefully this staff picks a guy and let's him get comfortable in game 1.

There’s a difference between getting live reps and a scrimmage. At least in the game you’ll know real quick who can play composed and fast and isn’t just going through the motions. We’ll know if Milton can handle game pressure, we’ll know if Hooker has happy feet, we’ll know if Bailey has progressed. Against BG if we’re playing full go for 4 quarters we’re in a lot more trouble than just getting guys reps.

It looks like Milton right now, for whatever that's worth. It's also possible a starter will be/has been named, but CJH is keeping it quite. Could be we see all three in the opener, regardless. The only QB I'm sure won't start is Maurer, barring the most epic troll job in the history of college football.

Sheesh... loaded question. Best chance to win? Who really knows? I suppose whoever the coaches start on day one is who they think gives them the best chance to win. I'll go along with that.

I think Milton starts day one, but I don't know if he gives UT the best chance to win. He may come out and completely blow it.

After listening to Ainge talk about Milton at practice, I have no doubt Milton is the guy right now. Sounds like the staff and players know Milton is the guy as well

Reactions: creativevol
I like Bailey a lot but experience is limited and he doesn't run like Milton or Hooker. I think Milton will be the guy opening game,but accuracy will decide his sticking power!

Reactions: tbones0711
I think there's a world of difference in practice scrimmages and live game reps. The opener isn't gonna be very telling in this case. Pitt may be able to generate a little pressure/disruption. So it'll be in Gainesville before one of our QB's faces a real test. Gonna be interesting to see if HB allows himself to appear in more than 4 games in order to preserve his redshirt.

No idea, but I'd go QB1 and QB2 with the goal of both being able to execute the same gameplan. I would not scheme and rep Hooker all week and then try to replace him with Bailey should the need arise. To me, Bailey is the odd man out. It really depends on how often the QB is expected to run.

Reactions: spyfish007
Bailey will win it just because of experience and temperament. I'm not sold on Milton at all. We all know he's the more talented guy though and would def put us in some better positions with athleticism.

Experience and temperament? He literally has the least experience of the 3

Hype says Milton gives us the best chance to win. And it doesn't sound very close. Maybe Hooker is a mile behind, but in 2nd.

I'll go with Hype's choice.

Reactions: A.J.
I think there's a world of difference in practice scrimmages and live game reps. The opener isn't gonna be very telling in this case. Pitt may be able to generate a little pressure/disruption. So it'll be in Gainesville before one of our QB's faces a real test. Gonna be interesting to see if HB allows himself to appear in more than 4 games in order to preserve his redshirt.
"Allow" haha. If a 3rd stringer appears in more than 4 games, then we are whipping TAIL.

Also doubt he cares about his RS. He's already gotten a free year. I'd hope he has more confidence than expecting to play college ball for...6 years.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
We'll be better at QB no matter who starts just because we actually have a coach that knows how to make QB's better. Milton seems to be the first guy to start how he plays will determine if he keeps the job.

There’s a difference between getting live reps and a scrimmage. At least in the game you’ll know real quick who can play composed and fast and isn’t just going through the motions. We’ll know if Milton can handle game pressure, we’ll know if Hooker has happy feet, we’ll know if Bailey has progressed. Against BG if we’re playing full go for 4 quarters we’re in a lot more trouble than just getting guys reps.
I agree BG sucks, but I personally hope whoever starts, if they get in there and perform well, we need to let them rip for close to 60. This team and this fanbase for that matter, could use the confidence.

VN Store

Back