Starting Out Slow

Rockytoptalker

Down 13-3 at halftime to Appalachian State
Down 14-0 in the first half to VT
Down 21-3 at halftime to Florida

We can't keep having performances like this early in the game and expect to come away with the W every time. It's going to catch up with us eventually, let's hope this isn't the game that it does.

Reactions: 4 people
down 13-3 at halftime to appalachian state
down 14-0 in the first half to vt
down 21-3 at halftime to florida
down 7-0 end of 1st to georgia

we can't keep having performances like this early in the game and expect to come away with the w every time. It's going to catch up with us eventually, let's hope this isn't the game that it does.

fixed it for you

getting to be ridiculous. we saw how abysmal UF is today. UT getting way too much credit for that win.

Reactions: 1 person
Really hoped we wouldn't do that on the road. Going to be more difficult to come back today but we can do it.

Last year we jumped all over team's early and choked in the 2nd half. This year we start out slow and come out strong in the 2nd half. While I'd prefer a team that plays 4 quarters, I'll take a second half team over a first half team any day.

Vanilla play calling. Exposing your depleted defense. We are getting some decent push and Hurd has been successful, what is the logical response...... By all means go away from it.

Reactions: 2 people
Last year we jumped all over team's early and choked in the 2nd half. This year we start out slow and come out strong in the 2nd half. While I'd prefer a team that plays 4 quarters, I'll take a second half team over a first half team any day.

That's a false dichotomy if I've ever seen one. How about consistency.

We continue to handicap ourselves by wasting downs with the worst-executed & least-productive screen passes in college football.

Reactions: 2 people
We all hope for the best but it may be 25 years before we play another half like last week or it may happen again today

Last edited:
Shoop better figure out a way to stop this offense. Our O-line is going to wear down in the second half if he doesn't.

You just can't do this sloppy s$it on the road in the SEC. At some point Butch Jones has to accept responsibility for poor motivational coaching. This is not going to produce any championships. 1 or 2 slow starts and it's easy to blame the kids. This many and it's clearly a motivational and or game plan problem.

Vanilla play calling. Exposing your depleted defense. We are getting some decent push and Hurd has been successful, what is the logical response...... By all means go away from it.

I knew someone would do it (blame the playcaller , or OL). We stopped our last drive by dropping a pass, overthrowing the back on the screen play, then we got beat in the Secondary as usual then we fumbled, again.
Being down by 7 at the end of the first has nothing to do with play calling !!
It's underperforming on the field again.

And the worst FG kicking team in the country splits the uprights on us.

But once again, it all goes back to the offense putting us in this situation.

I knew someone would do it (blame the playcaller , or OL). We stopped our last drive by dropping a pass, overthrowing the back on the screen play, then we got beat in the Secondary as usual then we fumbled, again.
Being down by 7 at the end of the first has nothing to do with play calling !!
It's underperforming on the field again.

It is a combination of both. There was a dropped pass but the fumble was a guy trying to move the chains against a play call that wasn't there. Run the damn ball and loosen the defense up. It has been successful.

VN Store

Back