Starting 5 against Georgia?

I think we will see the same starting line up but I think when Vescovi sits James moves to point and Uros comes in. If Fulkerson takes a breather Uros stays in a Ponz moves to the 4 with Vescovi, James, Bowden in the front court. So pretty much we will see an 8 man rotation with Uros, Fulkerson and Ponz playing down low and the front court will have a 5 man rotation with Bowden, Vescovi, James, Ponz and Johnson.

Reactions: RollerVol
I hope someone will put the ball in the hoop consistently. I also hope we can defend our goal and pick up some rebounds on defense. If Uros can score and defend without turnovers....give him plenty of time. i think Bowden needs to come off the bench until he proves he can start and score. We better find someone(s) who can bring the ball up consistently. Go Vols! Beat Georgia!

Not sure Fulk will spend much if any time at the 4.....especially when Pons is out there.

Plavsic gives a legit 5 sub for Fulk, this also allows Olivier to sub at the 4 for Pons.

Vescovi
Bowden
James
Pons
Fulk

I’ve been known to be wrong thousands of times.

Not sure Fulk will spend much if any time at the 4.....especially when Pons is out there.

Plavsic gives a legit 5 sub for Fulk, this also allows Olivier to sub at the 4 for Pons.

Vescovi
Bowden
James
Pons
Fulk

I am really to sub Olivier on out of the rotation.

Play 8 guys.

If poor Bowden continues to struggle, might try him off the bench.

I am really to sub Olivier on out of the rotation.

Play 8 guys.

If poor Bowden continues to struggle, might try him off the bench.

With Vescovi scoring it gives Barnes the ability to “try” something with Bowden.

I doubt Olivier will be “out” of the rotation just yet.....as now he will get the chance to play solely at the 4, while subbing......he could be out after a few games.....I don’t know.

Vescovi
Bowden
James
Pons
Fulk

If Plavsic becomes a fixture at the 5, then I think Fulk is about to absorb ON’s minutes at the 4. Nkamhoua just isn’t effective, right now, and Fulk isn’t going to lose playing time. He will just split time between the 4 and 5 instead of spending all of his minutes at the 5. ON’s playing time is most likely to suffer until Plavsic proves he isn’t ready, ON steps up his game.

Without seeing UP play his first minute, here’s the lineup I think would have the most potential, BUT it doesn’t have to be the starting lineup...
Vescovi
Bowden
James
Fulk
UP

If Uros is close to what he can/should be, and everybody else plays close to their max, that’s a competitive 5 against anybody .

If Fulk could play the 4 (effectively) and Pons were at the 3 (playing effectively)

I could get down with
Vescovi
James
Pons
Fulk
Plavsic

But we haven’t seen Placsic play a single game yet as a Vol.....or in college basketball. I think he will be a fine player....but dang demoting an effective starter for someone who hasn’t played.....is at least......a stretch.

Vescovi came in and preformed fine.....but he basically replaced Turner.....who is out.

If Fulk could play the 4 (effectively) and Pons were at the 3 (playing effectively)

I could get down with
Vescovi
James
Pons
Fulk
Plavsic

But we haven’t seen Placsic play a single game yet as a Vol.....or in college basketball. I think he will be a fine player....but dang demoting an effective starter for someone who hasn’t played.....is at least......a stretch.

Vescovi came in and preformed fine.....but he basically replaced Turner.....who is out.

Effective starter might be a stretch for Bowden right now.

Effective starter might be a stretch for Bowden right now.

Umm people have suggested replacing Fulk or moving Fulk and replacing Pons......both have been effective starters.

I suggested “maybe” Plavsic, Fulk, Pons, James, Vescovi.......”then” replied to others about starting Plavsic (whiteout knowing how he can/will preform) and him replacing Fulk or pons.....not Bowden.

I'd bet the house Uros doesn't start.

And I have no idea how many minutes he will play but 10 would be a safe number

Little late to get him working as starting rotation player.

I got him coming off the bench tonight.
I think he only takes minutes from Pons and Fulky. I expect Barnes to up his requirements on physical play from the 4 and 5, now that he has 5 more fouls available in the paint.
Projected Uros stat line: 20 min. 4 fouls 10 points 6 Reb. 2 blocks.

Do not see Pons back at the 3, he appears to be more effective at the 4 at getting open shots.
Go Vols. Beat Ga.

One thing I'm hoping to see from him is an ability to make the outlet pass to start the break. I'm thinking more about next year's team with the incoming perimeter talent.

Reactions: Kingofkodak
Same starting 5 tonight according to Wes Rucker. No surprise there. ORN's minutes will likely be significantly decreased tonight in favor of Uros.

Uros comes in first and OK’s PT is cut . We finally have a presence inside. Pons can still get his boards and 3 pt. shot when he pops out. I do not believe Crean planned on UP in the line-Up. Georgia is a good team but I do feel better about our chances. Bowden has to come out of his slump sometime and this could be his night.

VN Store

Back