Start of season, UT was snubbed in all SEC selections.

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
What about now? Who deserves that attention as we approach the season's end? We have anybody that is #1 or #2 in the SEC at his position?

JJ - 2nd
Bituli - 2nd
Smith- Toss up. Probably 2nd because they hate us
HT - Freshman SEC but makes a strong case for more

Even this might be wishful thinking. They’ll load up the awards with Bama, UGA, and LSU players. Bet you Bo Nix ends up as the freshman all SEC QB even though Hilinski is by far better, just on a s****ier team.

No one.

Jennings is worthy, but there are WR’s in the league who are better.

I agree there are better WRs but JJ is likely going to have a 1,000 yard season and possibly double digit TDS.

Jennings is 5th in yardage and 5th in TDs so not sure he makes the cut unless his production jumps up the last three games and/orr they take into consideration that he's done this with 3 different QBs .

Darrell Taylor 1st team
Trey Smith 1st Team
Jauan Jennings 1st team
Daniel Bituli 1st team
Nigel Warrior 2nd Team
Henry T 2nd Team
Marquez AP 2nd Team
No. Trey deserves some recognition, as does Bituli. Love Jauan, but he’s not getting any recognition ahead of the LSU and Bama WRs. Henry T is a top freshman, that’s about it.

Edit: forgot about Cimaglia, he’s the best kicker in the conference. 1st team.

Last edited:
Here is what I see.

First or second team - Bituli, Taylor, Jennings, Smith.
second or third team - Callaway, Warrior, Henry T, Kennedy (Don't forget how good he has been this year).

Soloman, Thomson??

NFL draft:

First 4 rounds. Bituli, Taylor, Callaway, Jennings, DWA.
3-7 rounds - Kennedy, Warrior.
Unknown - Smith. I think he is a first rounder, but his blood clots might keep him til later rounds.

Next year we have depth and size on OL and DL. Need a transfer or Juco LB for depth and an edge rusher to replace Taylor.

We have several guys that will or should make the list on offense and defense but a guy I'm most proud of is Nigel Warrior.

That guy is playing at a high level for the 1st time in his career. He is now living up to his hype and providing leadership in the secondary as well. Like most everyone else he started the season slow but the light has turned on the last several games. We haven't had safety play like this in years imo.

I do want to say our linebacker play has been stellar as well. The starting unit is very good. Taylor is a pass rushing machine. Bituli has been a consistent and tough MLB. And when was the last time we had a true freshman star like To'o To'o.

The DL has become steady. They aren't stars but it has been below average for 4 or 5 years. Just being average or slightly above has made a huge difference in the physicality and toughness we now show on that side of the ball.

Ball carriers haven't been dragging our whole team for 5 and 10 yards lately. That is very encouraging.

GBO

I agree there are better WRs but JJ is likely going to have a 1,000 yard season and possibly double digit TDS.

Like I said, Jennings is worthy.

If I were voting, he would be a victim of being a WR in the SEC in the wrong year

I'm not sure the receivers in the SEC ahead of JJ are better OR they are just the recipients of better QB play getting them the ball. Either way he's one of my favorites and likely not to get a lot of post season award love in front of LSU & Bama WRs.

Remember that they’re now recognizing a third all conference team instead of just two. That’s will open up the door for someone like Bituli, Jennings, and Trey Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I totally agree with the Gator; you have to pump the brakes a little with JJ. Bama alone has a couple of receivers who are much more athletic. No that aint gonna run your ass over like JJ or tackle you on special teams like he can, but they are very talented.

Cimaglia, is one of the best, but I don't think he's #1 in the SEC (or the country), nonetheless, glad we have him.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back