Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

I disagree. If he is to be the future he needs those reps against Bama. No one expects him to win let alone put up big numbers. The game is at Neyland give him a shot. From this point on we need to put our entire focus into HB. He has to take his lumps and with the way things are going we got nothing to lose. His confidence wont be broken bc he cant do worse then JG over the last 6 quaters.

I agree with this but it all comes down to Pruitt. I can’t believe Cheney would disagree - he can’t be happy with JG.

Reactions: cgrish
I totally agree, nobody loses a year. This is the time to live action Bailey into games. And if we need to settle him down don't hesitate to bring in Shrout or Maurer. JG for sure does not need to be getting all practice reps, it insane if he does. Heck he practices great anyway but it has problems translating in games. Maybe it makes him better. Bottom line is Qb play has to improve and competition is the best way for improvement, gameday competition. Spurrier would be spinning our qb's in and out like a top right now. Heck we have a qb coach that's job is to get them to improve and be ready to play, it's high time they earned their money. GBO!!!!!

Loved that 1 pass by HB bu it looked alot like JG jumpball down the sideline but other then that i saw too poor throws in the endzone and that crossing pattern was solid....... ill hold judgment till he gets more snaps

I don't know that HB will be any good this year. But considering he doesn't lose any eligibility, there really isn't any reason to play JG anymore. Shrout, Maurer, or HB need to take as many reps as possible to see who the future is. JG sure as hell ain't it.

Yep...we got nothing to lose that we haven't lost already. At least with the other players, you can blame any mistakes on youth and inexperience. JG does not have that in his corner.

I would say start JG the first series then bring in Shrout the rest of the game. Let's at least see what Shrout can do. No reason to put out a true freshman against Bama.

If anything wait until Arkansas to start Bailey.

If Pruitt hasn’t started to lose the team yet with his decision to keep JG, he will if it keeps getting worse.

VN Store

Back