Star Watchers AP First Team All-Americans(less kickers) 2019

There is one of these threads every year for AA and 1st round of the draft.

The ratio is always about the same.

People who are trying to use this to prove a point never take into consideration the population of each star group.
Yes, absolutely, for those who don't understand the numbers.

But it also does suggest that a coach who knows talent extremely well can advance without starting at the top. Which, of course, is not the lesson that the misinterpreters draw.

There is one of these threads every year for AA and 1st round of the draft.

The ratio is always about the same.

People who are trying to use this to prove a point never take into consideration the population of each star group.
OP was for information only. There was no point to prove. Everyone knows the ass kickings from Bama, Georgia, and Florida will continue until our talent level matches theirs.

but, but, but in before you can't win the Kentucky Derby with a plow mule.

But you also can’t pull beer wagons with thoroughbreds. In football you HAVE to have an array.

I think those numbers suggest you have a pretty equal chance for success with 4 stars and the top 10-15% of 3 stars. Staff Evals are what they are. I am confident in early 3 star targets by our staff. Some big star guys are no brainers, but not all. Too many misses in those groups as well as evident by mix in transfer portal.

So you're telling me 4 and 5 star players have a higher chance of being an All-American?

Sweet
And that there are as many 3* studs that the recruiting sites miss as they find.

The question has never been whether the players rated high by the sites are good talents. They aren't close to perfect but you could argue they have a good hit rate. The question is whether a coach with a great ability to evaluate talent can build a championship roster with classes that rank 10 spots or so lower. It only takes 2-4 3* players who are better than the recruiting sites ranked them to achieve that.

5 Stars 5

4 Stars 8

3 stars 9

2 stars 1

247 composite

How is your screen name pronounced? Is it T Nut Ater? Is the first T silent and it's pronounced New Tater or all one word like Newtater? Or is all broken up like someone saying Tennessee u Tater!?

I'm gonna go with T Nut At ER. Like a Tennessee Nut is At the Emergency Room.

How is your screen name pronounced? Is it T Nut Ater? Is the first T silent and it's pronounced New Tater or all one word like Newtater? Or is all broken up like someone saying Tennessee u Tater!?

I'm gonna go with T Nut At ER. Like a Tennessee Nut is At the Emergency Room.
Let's go with that.

Reactions: gainesvol82
And that there are as many 3* studs that the recruiting sites miss as they find.

The question has never been whether the players rated high by the sites are good talents. They aren't close to perfect but you could argue they have a good hit rate. The question is whether a coach with a great ability to evaluate talent can build a championship roster with classes that rank 10 spots or so lower. It only takes 2-4 3* players who are better than the recruiting sites ranked them to achieve that.

Unfortunately for us, that answer has been a resounding no.

So you catch bigger fish in deeper waters? Hmmmm... I wonder if anyone else has stumbled upon that fact?

VN Store

Back