'22 Stanford transfer DT Jaxson Moi (Tennessee)

Looking ahead…which might be silly considering how easy and lucrative it is to transfer now…this is what we’d have at DT in 25 if we add Moi…

Hobbs, Moi, Wallace, Robinson, Duncan, Heard

There’s also West, Weathersby, Jenkins, Lindstrom and Gentle who IMO will be SDEs that could slide inside on a regular basis…

Given the likelihood of transfers and the general lack of an obvious impact player outside of Hobbs I would say we’ll be an attractive option for high end DTs in the 25 class…either in the HS ranks or the transfer portal

What happened to Chandavian Bradley? I thought this kid was a very high ranked defense guy who should be in the rotation at edge or somewhere else on the defensive side of the ball? Did he move positions? Where does he fit next season or has he not developed like most thought by now and is depth?

What happened to Chandavian Bradley? I thought this kid was a very high ranked defense guy who should be in the rotation at edge or somewhere else on the defensive side of the ball? Did he move positions? Where does he fit next season or has he not developed like most thought by now and is depth?

He’s had trouble gaining weight, he may get a look at TE in Spring.

Reactions: volinbama256

The Scout​

Moi measures in at 6-2, 300 pounds and is an impressive physical prospect on the hoof. He spent the past two seasons at Stanford and appeared in 24 games during his two seasons in Palo Alto. Moi was not just a contributor but a pivotal piece of the rotation along the defensive front.

In his two seasons, Moi recorded 37 total tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and a sack. He played multiple techniques across the front and was disruptive at times. He leverages well and plays with a high motor that allows him to make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Moi was raw and explosive coming out of high school, and as his development continued at Stanford, you could see the game slowing down for him on tape. But still, his versatility is what flashes the most, as he makes plays in space and is a natural athlete that makes some surprising plays for his size.

What it means for Tennessee​

This gives Tennessee another defensive lineman with plenty of experience to come in and play multiple positions along the defensive front. Moi meshes well with what Tennessee likes to do with their defensive linemen.

During the past three seasons, the Vols have consistently lived behind the line of scrimmage and that is from the way they scheme things up front to allow guys to win with their athleticism in one-on-one situations at times. Moi will thrive in these types of situations, and he will benefit tremendously from the ability to have his skillset refined by Rodney Garner.

Garner brought in Omarr Norman-Lott last off-season and he produced frequently for the Vols this season when healthy. Moi has a similar level upside and has actually played in more games at this point in his career than Noman-Lott, so there is plenty of reason to believe there is real potential with this addition.

Moi will have three years to play two which means the Vols will have the chance to keep him in the rotation for more than a season which is important for the future of the defensive line room as well.

-Matt Ray

“I could just feel all the love from the Tennessee fans,” Moi said. “Their love and excitement to embrace my culture. To embrace other Polynesian players who starred here and their love, it’s exciting to embrace the Tennessee culture and try to get a Poly pipeline going here.”

Quote from an AP article on VQ.

Well he was a true freshman last year at probably the most talent rich position we have.

He’s been on campus for one year

VN Store

Back