Standings

Assuming we play a full season, I believe we go 10-2 with wins over OU and Florida.

Reactions: blouder1
Standings

What do y’all think?

Athlon’s description seemed to be the most down to earth description of the season IMO.
Don’t see us dropping a game to Arkansas. I’d put us 8-4 or 9-3. 10-2 is possible with an OU win. I’d put Alabama and Georgia in the probable L column. Florida is right there but I feel like the last two years that’s been the worst game all year we have played. If it could go wrong it does. Not that we were on the same level talent wise, we probably don’t win either of those games regardless of if we played our best game, they just went terrible. Oklahoma lost quite a bit this year. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 that’s great but I’m going conservative and leaning towards 8-4. Any of the above is improvement over last year. 7-5 I feel like would mean we dropped a game we shouldn’t have.

I see us at 8-3 with losses to Oklahoma, Bama, and Georgia. I think the games will be very close this year and we won't lose by more than 7 to any of them.

I see us at 8-3 with losses to Oklahoma, Bama, and Georgia. I think the games will be very close this year and we won't lose by more than 7 to any of them.
Going to UGA could be tough, I know they lost a lot and have a lot of question marks. But it’s tough to win in Athens. Alabama comes here, I could see that one maybe being close. I think there’s chinks in the armor for Alabama, namely their defense but they bring a lot back on that side of the ball. I just hope we get to have a season tbh. I do think we’re competitive in the losses we take, not a moral victory but compete with Georgia and Alabama, we will get there.

They get paid to write that drivel. If college football has a full season, Vols go 15-0. National Champs.

Standings

What do y’all think?

Athlon’s description seemed to be the most down to earth description of the season IMO.

The Vols will have to get much better play from Guarantano and run the heck out of the ball to win 10 games. That's a real possibility if the O-line gels and we can ram it down people's throats. We've got the talent to do it up front. I'm still sticking to my prediction of 8 wins, maybe an upset both ways (we win one as an underdog and lose one to USC or UK.

The Vols will have to get much better play from Guarantano and run the heck out of the ball to win 10 games. That's a real possibility if the O-line gels and we can ram it down people's throats. We've got the talent to do it up front. I'm still sticking to my prediction of 8 wins, maybe an upset both ways (we win one as an underdog and lose one to USC or UK.
As it was last year, good QB play is gonna make or break us this season. The defense will be good and the OL should be rock solid if nobody gets hurt and everybody is eligible(Mays). Guarantano doesn’t have to win us games this year, he just can’t lose them for us

The wild card for me trying to decide anything about the hopefully played season is C-19. I am afraid missing spring practice and all the things that go on during the summer will have a bigger effect on us than the teams "ahead" of us. I think we were counting on this time frame to coach up some of our underclass men and guys coming in as freshman. Missing this time frame leaves me having some concerns that I though the staff would be able to address and have this team better prepared. Now I just have doubts/fears of the unknown that C-19 has presented.

Seasons rarely play out like this, but I would predict “chalk”.

They are too good this year to be upset by the obvious 8 who will be underdogs against Tennessee.

I also don’t think they are good enough to pull off the upset against the 4 teams they will be underdogs against.

Florida is the best shot as it is at home and Florida is not as good as the other 3 (IMO).

9-3 at best. 7-5 at worst by losing to someone they shouldn’t lose to

The wild card for me trying to decide anything about the hopefully played season is C-19. I am afraid missing spring practice and all the things that go on during the summer will have a bigger effect on us than the teams "ahead" of us. I think we were counting on this time frame to coach up some of our underclass men and guys coming in as freshman. Missing this time frame leaves me having some concerns that I though the staff would be able to address and have this team better prepared. Now I just have doubts/fears of the unknown that C-19 has presented.
Most teams have to replace more starters than we do especially QBs. I think missing spring might be in hour favor.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back