Staff Update

Not every staff makes every staff member recruit. I've heard Kirby Smart does. Pruitt may not be dead set on that. With a few of the other solid recruiting guys that are coming in on this staff, they may want to go with a "less hands in the kitchen" mentality.

I dunno. He stressed recruiting a good bit

Guys JP and this staff he's assembling can take the pieces we have and compete immediately. On defense we Wil never have to watch Lbs who can't make plays or Cbs who play 10 yds off the ball. The DL will not play read and react anymore it will be a bunch of rabid dawgs flying the ball. I've spoken with several current players and they are bubbling on the inside and ready to run through a wall already for CJP.

Reactions: 5 people
Ironic that he would get turned off by people mouthing off when he acts like a big baby on the field.

He took all the Tennessee references and pics off his twitter page after the Georgia loss. So, it had lees to do with what is said in the stands and more to do with what happened on the field.

But yeah, Mays needs somebody who can rein him in. I think he is still a good kid, but he needs to quit being a kid. Refs in the state championship game flagged him on his first outburst. I have also been told of him gesturing at fans.

But hopefully that will stop once he is out of Knoxville Catholic. Nothing against them, but over the years I have seen on the whole more encouragement of that kind of behavior than anyone putting a stop to it.

He took all the Tennessee references and pics off his twitter page after the Georgia loss. So, it had lees to do with what is said in the stands and more to do with what happened on the field.

But yeah, Mays needs somebody who can rein him in. I think he is still a good kid, but he needs to quit being a kid. Refs in the state championship game flagged him on his first outburst. I have also been told of him gesturing at fans.

But hopefully that will stop once he is out of Knoxville Catholic. Nothing against them, but over the years I have seen on the whole more encouragement of that kind of behavior than anyone putting a stop to it.

Might be scared on Paul Bain in practice

Reactions: 1 person
Any news on McClendon or Brewster? McClendon mulling whether he'll get OC at SC? Brewster I guess is figuring out where he wants to go?

Might be scared on Paul Bain in practice

You never know. Bain or any number of guys on the roster could be the influence he needs. But Mays has to listen. And it's hard to hear that when too many people are telling him how great he is.

There are very few better than Mays. He's the #2 OT in the country and #16 overall player. You should watch his tapes.

Not to mention he is a legacy player that has grown up around the program. He absolutely has to end up being a Vol!!!

I can't help wondering if Pru ever wears all of his National Championship rings during home visits. Might seem a bit much and prolly not his style, but they must make an impressive sight.
I hope he never has them on publicly while he works here. That would make me wanna throw up. If he want's to stroke his recruits than whatever floats his boat I guess.

To me it would say, look at what we did at Bama. But come to UT anyway.

I hope he never has them on publicly while he works here. That would make me wanna throw up. If he want's to stroke his recruits than whatever floats his boat I guess.

To me it would say, look at what we did at Bama. But come to UT anyway.

He did it at FSU too. The man can wear whatever the hell he wants long as it gets us wins and recruit's.

Reactions: 4 people
Doesn’t every player want to go win championships. Does anyone ever say, I just want to play, but not win anything.

Sure! In the past 4 years if your not on a team named Clemson,Buckeyes or bama you didnt win one! And if your on the scout team you have a ring but all you did was watch the game like the rest of us. Look at Trey! He's balling and getting attn. Right now! NFL scouts are drooling. How bout KAMARA so far down on the depth chart at bama. Changed his mind last 2 played at UT gonna be rookie of the year. Its a wish list. One day on 30 for 30 the class of 2018 for the Volunteers that turned into a Dynasty! GO VOLS!

He did it at FSU too. The man can wear whatever the hell he wants long as it gets us wins and recruit's.

I got a good friend who is big bama supporter/booster. He said saban has all his championship rings [may be replicas] displayed on a table in his office. saban then brings in each recruit, one by one, to "close" him. A huge part of saban's close speech is related to his championship rings, and how that particular recruit is going to contribute to the bama championship tradition, the next championship ring as well as the recruit's own ring. This seems to work well based on bama's recruiting classes.

I hope Coach Pruitt has this closing technique down perfect!!

I got a good friend who is big bama supporter/booster. He said saban has all his championship rings [may be replicas] displayed on a table in his office. saban then brings in each recruit, one by one, to "close" him. A huge part of saban's close speech is related to his championship rings, and how that particular recruit is going to contribute to the bama championship tradition, the next championship ring as well as the recruit's own ring. This seems to work well based on bama's recruiting classes.

I hope Coach Pruitt has this closing technique down perfect!!

It's especially nice when a coach, like Saban or Pruitt, can show rings from more than one team, indicating that he did something to help make it happen, and can make it happen again, here.

Guys JP and this staff he's assembling can take the pieces we have and compete immediately. On defense we Wil never have to watch Lbs who can't make plays or Cbs who play 10 yds off the ball. The DL will not play read and react anymore it will be a bunch of rabid dawgs flying the ball. I've spoken with several current players and they are bubbling on the inside and ready to run through a wall already for CJP.

de1conley Love hearing these statements. Our defense was not aggressive at all for many years. I like the attacking style that Bama plays. I also like that our players are happy about Coach Pruitt and his staff.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back