Staff Update?

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
I havent't been able to be on here much the last couple of days, can someone update me with any staff changes CBJ has made thus far...

And mods is there anyway we can sticky a thread with staff changes similar to the coaching cliff notes thread?

I havent't been able to be on here much the last couple of days, can someone update me with any staff changes CBJ has made thus far...

And mods is there anyway we can sticky a thread with staff changes similar to the coaching cliff notes thread?

No Mod...but there is a sticky there in the FF.

The only thing we really know so far is Graham was kept and everyone else was let go.There are lots of speculation that many of his Cincy staff may join him here but after last week I learned to wait until there is confirmation.

I just saw this tweet i have no idea how accurate it is but i hope it is true.

OrangeZone_365 ‏@OrangeZone_365
“@RivalsDallas: Solid get for #Vols hiring former #Auburn assistant Tommy Thigpen. Should help Butch Jones with recruiting.”

Looks like Tommy Thigpen of Auburn has been hired per Dallas Jackson of rivals.

so this could be our staff.

DC: John Jancek
DB: Willie Martinez
LB: Tommy Thigpen
DL: Steve Strpling
OL: Don Mahoney
Qb: TJ Weist
WR: Tee Martin
Rb: Jay Graham
Te/special teams: Johnson

Reactions: 9 people

Te/special teams: Mark Elder

Looks good. I for one encourage him bringing Cincy staff, especially on offense. They know his system inside and out, and we don't have to waste a year building chemistry with a patchwork staff from all over the country. Good to see a few VFL's on there also.

Reactions: 6 people

Te/special teams: Johnson

Could anyone elaborate or bring a little info about this guy? I was in favor of keeping Pittman and was wondering what this new guy brings to the table. :hi:

Looks good. I for one encourage him bringing Cincy staff, especially on offense. They know his system inside and out, and we don't have to waste a year building chemistry with a patchwork staff from all over the country. Good to see a few VFL's on there also.

That is so astute! Bring in a performing staff with chemistry and then tweak it later if need be. Excellent.

Shocking that a HC is bringing most of his current assistants with him from 1 school to another. This must certainly break an age old precedence of HC's dumping their assistants [friends in most cases], showing no staff loyalty, and bringing in unknown coaches to implement a system they are not familiar with. How do you figure?

Tee Martin has been offered WR's coach job since VN crashed.

VN is going to have to hire the Geek Squad if any more breaking news comes out. This coaching search damn near killed their site.

Oh yeah, I hope Tee finds his way back too!

I have read Tommy Thigpen to LB's and Willie Martinez to DB's in addition to Tee Martin offered. With those 3 coaches and Graham, recruiting will be fine.

HC- Jones
OC/QB- Bajakian
RB- Graham
OL- Mahoney
WR- Martin
DC- Jancek
DL- Stripling
LB- Thigpen
DB- Martinez
ST-
TE-

S/C- Szerszen

Others considered from UC staff:
Wiest (WR)
Elder (S/ST)
Johnson (TE)

I'm not really excited about the Wil Mart hire, the fan bases he has coached for seem to hate him. I'm seeing a lot of "bend but not break" kind of guy.

VN Store

Back