Stadium tunnel issues … stuck for over 30 minutes

They do need to push the metal detectors and ticket scanners outside the stadium, adding more scanners to moving people through the tunnel unimpeded by security or ticket taking, original stadium construction was never designed for 100,000 spectators, at the food city center, the scanners are at the top of the ramp, separating the scanning and ticketing functions by 250 feet

Last edited:
Anyone else get stuck in this nightmare about 30 minutes before kickoff?

Kids scared , crying adults acting like animals
What tunnel are you talking about? I’m not familiar with a tunnel in the stadium. I have entered at gate 21 every game for the last three years, no matter where my tickets were. No matter when I’ve gone, an hour before kick off up to 15 minutes before, I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes to get in since they moved the metal detectors out on the plaza and away from the gates. Maybe other areas aren’t like that, but since you can enter at any gate now, I don’t understand why people continue to use gates that have issues week after week.

What tunnel are you talking about? I’m not familiar with a tunnel in the stadium. I have entered at gate 21 every game for the last three years, no matter where my tickets were. No matter when I’ve gone, an hour before kick off up to 15 minutes before, I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes to get in since they moved the metal detectors out on the plaza and away from the gates. Maybe other areas aren’t like that, but since you can enter at any gate now, I don’t understand why people continue to use gates that have issues week after week.
I'm assuming he's talking about those lower east side entrances...

I think a couple Stephan King movies were shot down there...

We had no issues getting through Gate 22 other than an impatient grandma with poorly painted on eyebrows who literally got a little pushy with my teenager because she wasn’t moving fast enough.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Anyone else get stuck in this nightmare about 30 minutes before kickoff?

Kids scared , crying adults acting like animals
My wife and I have seats in B, last year D. We always enter at Truly tailgate, drink then walk to our seats. We used to use lower interior walkway around the bottom bowl seats.

Last year for Alabama game, we got stuck for at least 30 minutes and I thought me and my wife who I got separated from and 1000 of my closest student friends who were pushing from both directions to get into student section were going into a WHO concert and were going to be the morning headlines due to our death. I really thought we were going to die and students just keep pushing. I was bruised and sore for weeks, like a bad car wreck.

I went at it with the AD’s office for a month about how unacceptable it was and no security to calm the situation.

My wife was shaking for 20 minutes after we got to fresh air.

Scariest I have ever been in my life and I have been through several horrible car wrecks.

Have never used a tunnel in the 60+ years of going to games. Sit in D and gate 23 has been just fine. They need more bag checkers because if you have any metal in eye glass case it will set off beeper as you walk through and then they have to totally inspect your bag. Need to let everyone know this before each game.

I am on the other side, gate 21 I think. There was craziness there for the first game, then they adjusted the security for the next game and added lanes for folks to create the lines. I then figured out how to navigate everything. First game we made the mistake of trying to enter at the first location coming from where the shuttle dropped us off - last week, walked right pass that mess of a line and came in around the back which allows folks to spread out into the many different lines that are available for both security and ticket scanning.

Sometimes the choice to enter the first line is the worst thing you can do.

Maybe some day the other side of the stadium will have something similar.

My wife and I have seats in B, last year D. We always enter at Truly tailgate, drink then walk to our seats. We used to use lower interior walkway around the bottom bowl seats.

Last year for Alabama game, we got stuck for at least 30 minutes and I thought me and my wife who I got separated from and 1000 of my closest student friends who were pushing from both directions to get into student section were going into a WHO concert and were going to be the morning headlines due to our death. I really thought we were going to die and students just keep pushing. I was bruised and sore for weeks, like a bad car wreck.

I went at it with the AD’s office for a month about how unacceptable it was and no security to calm the situation.

My wife was shaking for 20 minutes after we got to fresh air.

Scariest I have ever been in my life and I have been through several horrible car wrecks.
I’m honestly surprised we’ve not had something even worse happen. We need more personnel and to find ways to lessen the stress on the choke points

Maybe it’s some people’s first game and they don’t know. It’s not the fans fault that it’s set up that way. Not sure why you’re blaming them.

We had no issues getting through Gate 22 other than an impatient grandma with poorly painted on eyebrows who literally got a little pushy with my teenager because she wasn’t moving fast enough.
Should have said “listen Sea Hag…. Popeye will still be in there when you get in…. Back the F up”…..

Reactions: fullerishot
I'm assuming he's talking about those lower east side entrances...

I think a couple Stephan King movies were shot down there...
I’m sure they went in on the riverside to avoid that ramp at Gate 10. Those tunnels are much easier than that ramp. Never had any issues though, but I never waited until game time. Always went early.

22 and 23 have moved pretty smoothly since the second game. It was a little hectic the first game though. We choose whicherver line seems to be shortest and have had zero issues.

Reactions: CPA

VN Store

Back