St John’s fires Mike Anderson

As we say in NY, Mike Anderson…now go get your shine box. Anderson was a better coach than a person! He fired a full time coach who needed follow up cardiac heart surgery and got sued and had to settle out of court, then fired a national admired strength coach for no reason or cause, then fired his hoops admin without reason or cause. EE1A95C4-7ACF-4214-9C59-871D6353A1E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Pitino to St. John’s makes total sense. Georgetown is on the edge of irrelevance so they better make a home run hire. I doubt Kelvin Sampson goes anywhere else this late in his career so I’d approach Shaka Smart to see how happy he is at Marquette.

Pitino to St. John’s makes total sense. Georgetown is on the edge of irrelevance so they better make a home run hire. I doubt Kelvin Sampson goes anywhere else this late in his career so I’d approach Shaka Smart to see how happy he is at Marquette.
He instantly turned Marquette around and is originally from/grew up in the area, so probably quite happy. I doubt he does anywhere. G'town does need a home run hire though.

Reactions: VolNExile
he was great at UAB - just ask Kentucky

He was decent at Arkansas. Finished around the top 4 in the SEC more often than not. Just could never really get over the hump and didn't do well in the tournament.

Agree that going to St. Johns seemed like a weird culture fit from the beginning.

The Fairleigh Dickinson head coach could be getting better coaching opportunities at some point.

Deal Lord,
Please help me remember Rick Pitino's hollow lypo'd cheeks, disfigured jawline, razor sharp cheekbones, and overwound facial skin, if I ever consider a facelift when I look old in the mirror. Let me grow old with some self-respect and not looking like I am a walking table-flip from the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

http%3A%2F%2Fimageshack.com%2Fa%2Fimg163%2F7708%2Fyzc.gif

VN Store

Back