Spying on the enemy

We’re winning by 24-31 points in Gainesville this year. The stadium will empty during the 3rd quarter. Milton will get Heisman talk.

Florida has talent and culture issues. It’s gonna be a long year for them.
Our talent lacks just as much if not worse in certain areas. Thus will not be a 4 possession ball game. We let them play with us every year.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Our talent lacks just as much if not worse in certain areas. Thus will not be a 4 possession ball game. We let them play with us every year.
I don't know if Florida is even scoring a td against us. Stop Etienne and they don't have much else. Pearsall wouldn't get into the rotation of our WRs. The old Vols let them play with us. We are not letting the gators play with us anymore!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
We've had teams recently that could have beat Fla. but we made STUPID mistakes to snatch victory away from us, (the one that sticks in my craw is the hail mary by Franks on the last play.).
Cover 2 with 9 seconds left. Brilliant playcall

I don't know if Florida is even scoring a td against us. Stop Etienne and they don't have much else. Pearsall wouldn't get into the rotation of our WRs. The old Vols let them play with us. We are not letting the gators play with us anymore!
Sure hope we don’t take anyone to the swamp with us that played in that USCe defensive beat down……

We’re winning by 24-31 points in Gainesville this year. The stadium will empty during the 3rd quarter. Milton will get Heisman talk.

Florida has talent and culture issues. It’s gonna be a long year for them.

Lol. This is one of the funniest posts I have seen here in a long time. I love your enthusiasm but if you truly believe this then you are setting yourself up for MAJOR disappointment.

Ricky Pearsell had
5 rec 103 yes 1 TD against UT last year.

He had 661 for the whole year🙄....

Tennessee has not been this good in a long time and Florida has not been this bad in a long time. Yes, we tried to talk ourselves into the idea that Tennessee can beat Florida in the past, but there wasn't a lot of reason to believe it...which was more about Tennessee being bad than Florida being great. They were just good enough to be better than Tennessee. Now, Tennessee is appreciably better than Florida.
Agree except I think there were times when UT was the better team and still lost. The games in 2013 and 2017 come to mind. IMHO, this is where Heupel's leadership and that almost quiet cocky confidence he has makes such a big difference. He appears to possess an ability great leaders and especially coaches possess. He can make players believe that they will win.

I played for a coach like that in HS years ago. We probably weren't as talented as half the teams we played. But we expected to win no matter how good the opponent looked.... no matter what setback we had. We got it done... because we just had to get it done. No excuses. No self-pity. Just go do what was necessary. In 3 years we lost 5 games and four of them were to teams that won state titles. We won the state once and lost 7-6 in the semis to a team that won the state title game by about 40 points. My Sr year we lost two games by a total of 4 points.

We didn't win with overwhelming talent. Coach focused on three things- execution, hitting, and confidence/trust. We had no secrets. We ran the same veer O and mostly the same plays. But we executed better than the opponent and outhit everyone we played. We believed in the coaches and each other.

I think I see signs of those same traits in Heupel. The players believe they're going to win. They're not burdened with doubt. They trust the coaches to put them in a position to succeed. There is huge trust between the players. And... they play a physical brand of football.

I believe UT would have lost to UF last year if the coach had been Dooley, Jones, or Pruitt. There is something different about Heupel's leadership.

Florida finds a way to play with us every year, even when our talent is better. You guys act like they have 0 talent when it’s not the case. I’d bet their cumulative recruiting classes are near as good, if not better than ours over the last 2-3 years. Although I didn’t put any time into researching that so feel free to prove me wrong. I do believe we will beat them, and I do believe our coaching will be much better than theirs. I also believe anyone who thinks we will steamroll them is going to be disappointed.
they are still averaging a more "talented" team than us. https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

This hasn't been updated for 2023 yet.

They lost just about everybody on their O-line. The bowl game showed how bad their offense is going to be. Mertz is not going to be a difference maker.
The good news for them is they have 13 offensive lines coaches. They'll get it figured out.

VN Store

Back