Springsteen DUI

One of the most overrated musicians ever. I wonder what frequency his fans are on. Surely can’t be hearing the same thing I do
Musical taste is completely subjective. There are some songs of his which I can listen to (Born to Run, Glory Days, No Surrender), but when thinking about his era and his style - I much prefer Bob Seger.

Fwiw, "Born in the USA" has sold over 30 million copies worldwide. So obviously, not everyone agrees with you.

Then they needed much better lawyers. I beat a DUI charge in 2007 after submitting to a blood test which came back with a .10 BAC. My attorney was Steve Oberman in Knoxville. Very well respected... but expensive.
The point is they shouldn’t have the opportunity in the first place. The whole concept of DUI is criminalization of a non criminal act.

And no I’m not saying it’s fine to get hammered and drive. Laws don’t replace judgement or accountability. And yeah I get it, it’s too late after they crash and kill somebody other than themselves. But I’m this case it appears as overzealous enforcement within an already overzealous legal framework in NJ

Reactions: NEO
The point is they shouldn’t have the opportunity in the first place. The whole concept of DUI is criminalization of a non criminal act.

And no I’m not saying it’s fine to get hammered and drive. Laws don’t replace judgement or accountability. And yeah I get it, it’s too late after they crash and kill somebody other than themselves. But I’m this case it appears as overzealous enforcement within an already overzealous legal framework in NJ
.08 is too low for the legal limit. I can't imagine arresting someone with a .02. Fatigue can often be mistaken for intoxication... but to still arrest someone for blowing such a low number? That cop should have to explain this.

.08 is too low for the legal limit. I can't imagine arresting someone with a .02. Fatigue can often be mistaken for intoxication... but to still arrest someone for blowing such a low number? That cop should have to explain this.
The system will stand behind the cop. They have no other choice. This is all BS.

Reactions: Septic
I had a trucking client that had trucks pulled over by NJ state police and basically impounded because they owed taxes. NY and NJ are basically if the mafia could build a government.

Uh...Mafia already built the government in NY/NJ/CHI. Or atleast keep it on payroll.

Surprised this hasn't been posted in this thread considering the circumstances.

Then they needed much better lawyers. I beat a DUI charge in 2007 after submitting to a blood test which came back with a .10 BAC. My attorney was Steve Oberman in Knoxville. Very well respected... but expensive.
They needed connected lawyers.

They needed connected lawyers.
Sorry, but if an attorney can't successfully defend a client from a DUI charge, who blew a .00... then they simply aren't very good at their job. I hope they went with the public defender's office. I would hate to think they paid anything for that.

Several EU countries have a legal limit of 0.02 or even 0.00.

Springsteen Drunken Driving Charge Dropped as he pleads guilty to misdemeanor

Bruce Springsteen is reportedly pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of consuming alcohol in a prohibited area, following his arrest in New Jersey.

The rock icon entered the guilty plea before a federal judge on Wednesday. Two other charges against 71-year-old Springsteen — driving while intoxicated and reckless driving — were dismissed, according to the Asbury Park Press.

Springsteen drunken driving charge dropped as he pleads guilty to misdemeanor

My guess is that Springsteen got mouthy with the cop. He might have even played the entitled "Don't you know who I am game?". That is the only reason I can think of for why a cop would arrest someone for DUI after blowing such a low BAC.
These dirty azz cops... all in their feelings.

Springsteen Drunken Driving Charge Dropped as he pleads guilty to misdemeanor

Bruce Springsteen is reportedly pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of consuming alcohol in a prohibited area, following his arrest in New Jersey.

The rock icon entered the guilty plea before a federal judge on Wednesday. Two other charges against 71-year-old Springsteen — driving while intoxicated and reckless driving — were dismissed, according to the Asbury Park Press.

Springsteen drunken driving charge dropped as he pleads guilty to misdemeanor
That is some overzealous law enforcement at work... but they did make their county a little bit of money. It sounds like they have quite a racket going on.

VN Store

Back