Spring Practice Thread #1 Tuesday 3/10/20

David Ubben posted that today's practice has now been made closed to the media. We'll have to wait a bit longer to get our fix

David Ubben posted that today's practice has now been made closed to the media. We'll have to wait a bit longer to get our fix
Did he post it in his inimitable budding stand up persona? With lots and lots of not so subtle jabs at our coaches...all for our reading pleasure? 😴

im curious as to other thoughts ...if confidence was so high that JG was the best option. Why start BM at Ky??? And even further why let him go then whole half...JT didnt even play whole half of SC..

Just curious. Not looking to argue. Just opinions

im curious as to other thoughts ...if confidence was so high that JG was the best option. Why start BM at Ky??? And even further why let him go then whole half...JT didnt even play whole half of SC..

Pruitt weighed the options and gave clear thought to the final nod to JG...contrary to some narratives. 😏

My opinion is it was just a gamble that paid off. The fact that he went back to BM once cleared tells me he was unsure who the best option was.
However JG played so well that it sealed the deal from that point forward.

Reactions: bpalmer28

JG clearly played better off the bench. better not great before people get ticked. Some guys are relievers and not starters, it does seem to be that JG is that way.

could be stress, the ability to watch for a couple series from a more objective angle (not in the line of fire). talking to the starters about what they see vs JG. could be the freshmen didn't handle the pressure any better than JG. getting sat on the bench make tick JG off and get him more focused, or calm, or he is just playing ticked off.

who knows.

The end of these threads is the true tragedy. I love spring for this reason and this reason alone.

Stay healthy, everyone. See you in the summer practice threads!

Reactions: SmokinBob
JG clearly played better off the bench. better not great before people get ticked. Some guys are relievers and not starters, it does seem to be that JG is that way.

could be stress, the ability to watch for a couple series from a more objective angle (not in the line of fire). talking to the starters about what they see vs JG. could be the freshmen didn't handle the pressure any better than JG. getting sat on the bench make tick JG off and get him more focused, or calm, or he is just playing ticked off.

who knows.
It more likely exactly what JG said. He said near the end of the year he was getting more comfortable in the offense. He was in his fourth O in four years. Next year he will be even more acclimated to the O.

Reactions: lexkyvol
We'll see how they scramble them around. If it stays like that then it may be significant.

Shrout being the guy no one has talked about... could sneak in there and make some noise. He has the best arm of the group.

Holiday is a long way from being an SEC caliber passer.

I doubt the order among the WR's makes much difference. Six or 8 guys will get an PT. A couple... will stand out.

I've talked about him a lot! You just chose not to listen! Now u see!

If we think back to last years spring and fall practice reports you’d think JG was flawless everyday. Until he got benched. Once that happened the reports took a totally different direction. All of a sudden Maurer was the most accurate and JGs inconsistencies were being reported. This is why I take anything media related with a grain of salt because it’s not always the whole truth.
i agree because we've all witnessed how inaccurate maurer is. he can run though

i agree because we've all witnessed how inaccurate maurer is. he can run though
Yeah. I know.... he was only as good Bo Nix unless you just want to hate on the kid. In that case you GOTTA add in the stats of the game he was unprepared to play in. Otherwise what leg do you have to stand on?
So let’s act like he’s just inaccurate despite the fact that 1 of his whole 2 passes was dropped vs UTC. Let’s just act like his stats vs UF is a direct reflection of his skills. Better yet...... let’s act like he still sucks to even get to 47% after starting 4/15 before being prepared to play because elite 11 qbs grow on trees and accuracy isn’t something that they measure.

Yeah. I know.... he was only as good Bo Nix unless you just want to hate on the kid. In that case you GOTTA add in the stats of the game he was unprepared to play in. Otherwise what leg do you have to stand on?
So let’s act like he’s just inaccurate despite the fact that 1 of his whole 2 passes was dropped vs UTC. Let’s just act like his stats vs UF is a direct reflection of his skills. Better yet...... let’s act like he still sucks to even get to 47% after starting 4/15 before being prepared to play because elite 11 qbs grow on trees and accuracy isn’t something that they measure.
He wasn’t PREPARED to play against UTC. 😏

I've talked about him a lot! You just chose not to listen! Now u see!
Sorry if I didn't take note of your comments. That was modest hyperbole on my part. You are among a very small group. I'm not saying he's the guy... just that he has talent and is often left out of the conversation. If it "clicks" for him mentally, there is nothing physical to prevent him from being the starter. His arm is probably the best on the team.

Never said he wasn’t prepared vs UTC. However it was clear he was prepared as a runner rather than a passer for that one.
Well in established games where he received the bulk of 1st team practice reps, he was 30/58 for 2 tds and 4 ints...51%. Not deplorable not crowing worthy not much of anything. This games in which was prepared contrived stat of your is going the way of “moxie factor” in being applicable.

Well in established games where he received the bulk of 1st team practice reps, he was 30/58 for 2 tds and 4 ints...51%. Not deplorable not crowing worthy not much of anything. This games in which was prepared contrived stat of your is going the way of “moxie factor” in being applicable.
Correction..... he was 51% (admittedly not great, but well in line of promising freshman) with FOUR tds and 3 ints (without the gift from JJ). Rushing tds count for 6 as well.

We’ve discussed the fact that I feel he shouldn’t have been in there after landing on his head and falling down on a handoff the very next play so it’s hard to fault a kid for a bad decision when he was clearly not right. He should’ve been on the sideline being evaluated rather than throwing passes. So being a realist, yes he threw an int there but it can be argued that Chaney won the battle of bad decisions in that particular moment.

Correction..... he was 51% (admittedly not great, but well in line of promising freshman) with FOUR tds and 3 ints (without the gift from JJ). Rushing tds count for 6 as well.

We’ve discussed the fact that I feel he shouldn’t have been in there after landing on his head and falling down on a handoff the very next play so it’s hard to fault a kid for a bad decision when he was clearly not right. He should’ve been on the sideline being evaluated rather than throwing passes. So being a realist, yes he threw an int there but it can be argued that Chaney won the battle of bad decisions in that particular moment.
What did you CORRECT? You quoted the same 51%. And we don’t run the single wing, dude! It’s a nice bonus when our QB can make some plays with his legs (without getting himself decapitatated), but the guy who’s running our attack should be whoever’s best at getting the ball to our playmakers...not their defensive hawks.

VN Store

Back