Spring game is no longer free and has premium seating

SIGH!!!! Pretty soon, someone will start charging you for breathing, or mowing your own lawn. Don't laugh, there are some places right now that charge you for using a public restroom. Not sure if the guys who sit on a stool in a corner and insist you pay to not only use the restroom, but also to wash your hands.
I'm good for $5 a person. I'm assuming parking on UT campus is free.

SIGH!!!! Pretty soon, someone will start charging you for breathing, or mowing your own lawn. Don't laugh, there are some places right now that charge you for using a public restroom. Not sure if the guys who sit on a stool in a corner and insist you pay to not only use the restroom, but also to wash your hands.

You would hate having to take a **** in Europe.

I quit going years ago. It use to be fun. Walk around on the field and meet players, get Autographs . I love Tennessee Football , but the Spring game is a joke now.

Reactions: UTFanHades
I love O/W games
Exactly. I will be driving up from S. Louisiana for this, just like I do almost every single year. The stands will be nothing but orange and white, kindred spirits all around. Tennessee will win. There will be some positive surprises that emerge. I love it. One of the reasons why I bother to follow college football. 😁

I enjoy going ever year with my posse and hanging out. Rarely go on the field but everyone in my group keeps up with recruiting etc so we are interested in every single player and watch intently. This will be the first year I’ll miss in a long time though. Conflict in my schedule and higher priorities moved the game back on my schedule. If it’s boring …I’d highly recommend not going!

Oklahoma State just canceled their spring game due to stadium construction. Instead a 30 minute meet and greet with the players/public is scheduled. That should bring out the crowds. SMH

The only O&W game I’ve been to were it cost to view the game was when Butch Jones or Dooley was coaching, can’t remember who was the coach. Leaning towards band boy. I believe it was like $8 not a lot of money but was curious why though.

I feel if one can't afford $5 they don't need to go in the first place. I would be happy with $10 with $5 going to operating costs and $5 going to a notable charity.

Paying for public toilets was common in the US up to the 1970s as evidenced by the great American poem:

"Here I sit broken-hearted
Paid my quarter and only farted"

It's also still very common overseas to pay but much harder to rhyme with other currencies.
But to be honest, the rhyme in your little ditty doesn’t rhyme on the monetary unit (quarter) but on the word „hearted“

Paying for public toilets was common in the US up to the 1970s as evidenced by the great American poem:

It's also still very common overseas to pay but much harder to rhyme with other currencies.

Good points and a great history lesson.

However, I take exception with the notion that you can’t rhyme much with other currencies. Take the Vietnamese Dong for example - the possibilities are endless. Why, I still snicker whenever I hear it to this day.

Yep...I remember paying to crap in a stall in a Greyhound bus station bathroom in the 1960s.

Reactions: Tnslim1
I have attended quite a few and definitely did not find them boring. Meeting players and staff in person and getting to know them was priceless. Ditto spending time with my parents, family, son, and friends was awesome. I have Peyton's signature on baseball caps and all sorts of memorabilia. I am very happy UT is bringing back that afternoon. Just don't take chances on the stars getting injured. Plenty of cool things to do for the fans without putting players in positions to take hard hits and get injured.

They might get a sellout if the weather is decent.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Yeah, I know. I'm talking about toilets where you had some guy seated on a stool, you didn't deposit a quarter in a slot, you paid him from $5 or more. What you described are toilets I often saw at bus stations.

There were pay toilets in all of the European countries I visited…I thought it was really strange 😂 but a lot of places here used to be expect you to be a customer or buy something.. now they don’t bother (probably because people will freak out) 😂

VN Store

Back