Spring game cancelled

But how are we to evaluate Harrison and make him our starter? Screw it. He’s my starter. I’m flopping the Ace on the river

Sucks. But it hurts Georgia; brand new QB, brand new OC missing critical reps/practices.

I would guess the NCAA will try to offset everyone missing spring, maybe allow teams to start Fall Camp 2 or 3 weeks earlier than normal, or maybe try and have limited spring practices in May/June when/if this thing is over?

Yeah... next year we should cancel everything for the flu. Covid as of today was confirmed in 5711 Americans. The latest numbers say that 94 have died. That number is still skewed by the initial nursing home deaths in Washington that could have just as easily happened if the flu had infected the same places. EVEN SO... the US mortality rate as of today is 1.6%. That rate will likely continue to drop as more accurate and representative numbers accumulate.

Meanwhile, in a "great" year... only about 22,000 people have died of the flu. Last year it was over 60,000 and over 70,000 the year before that. Roughly 7% of all US deaths are from the flu and associated pneumonia.

Not saying Covid is being overblown or anything... well, no, I guess I am.

Whatever we do. We must make sure to trust the #s given to us by the State or the media. They would never "massage" such information in any way whatsoever. They are 100% interested in us knowing the truth. That's always the goal ya know! ;)

Just curious but....As of Monday, the number of cases in Italy was 31,506 with the number of deaths at 2,503. Unless there is something wrong with my calculator, that is a death rate of 7.944519 percent. Why such a high rate in Italy, more old folks???

Italy does have the oldest average age in population than any country in Europe. They also live closely-knitted, right on top of each other. Think of New York City but in a country of about 60 million.

Reactions: Wezcoast
Just curious but....As of Monday, the number of cases in Italy was 31,506 with the number of deaths at 2,503. Unless there is something wrong with my calculator, that is a death rate of 7.944519 percent. Why such a high rate in Italy, more old folks???
lifelong smokers

Wonder how far into the 2020 fall season we will be before people bring up missed Spring practice for our offensive woes?
Jaws and BigBoi won’t skip a chance for theirs.

Yes they have the second oldest population of any country in the world expect Japan also they have alot of heavy smokers.

Yes, there will. Circumstances have been much worse yet the season still happened. WWII and the Great Depression being 2 prime examples.

Never mind the fact that the season doesn't start until September. We'll have handled the virus by then.

It's my understanding that the virus doesn't survive well in warm weather, so summer should help... maybe? Is there a doctor/medical expert on here that can confirm or deny that? I'm curious now.

Reactions: Jaws
Italy does have the oldest average age in population than any country in Europe. They also live closely-knitted, right on top of each other. Think of New York City but in a country of about 60 million.

Yup. The US has around 90 people per sq/mi and Italy has around 532 . China has 375. Smaller , densely populated countries are just more susceptible by nature. In contrast , Russia has just 20 or so per sq. mi. Among other variables , this reflects their overall low infection rates .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back