Spoke To Munchie Legaux

Ill take some of that action. I bet Shepard will see time at QB mighty soon. He is a VY clone.

why would they waste a scholly on a qb to turn him into a wr when we already have ambles milton and possibly prater. plus have u seen his numbers (1,800 yards passing for 30 touchdowns and seven interceptions)? hes a good qb he just needs to work on his mechanics and needs to get stronger. wasnt he on the same team as prater in the gridiron kings 7 on 7?

maybe he will be kinda like randall cobb play qb alot but line up at wr 10 or 15 times a game. but i would still rather have someone else

Im surprised that no one has mentioned that Nuke and Teague played a lot of QB in high school. I sure hope high school QBs can be successful as college WRs ha

Im surprised that no one has mentioned that Nuke and Teague played a lot of QB in high school. I sure hope high school QBs can be successful as college WRs ha

yeah but nuke was listed as a wr not a qb.and teague was listed as an athlete not a qb.

how do you pronounce this kid's last name. is it like "leh-go"?

Also, 4.6 40, that's a nice time for a QB isn't it?

The only 2 on your list that are legit WRs are Randal El and Hines Ward. Gerald Jones has yet to show he's a competent route runner. Matt Jones??? Seriously??? James Banks.... I'll let the people who follow Carson-Newman football explain that one. Sure, he was decent for 1 season at UT but he should've dominated in D-II and didn't.

I'm not saying QBs can't play WR. But you just named 2 legit examples among 1,000s of busts. For every Hines Ward, there's an Arnez Battle.
Matt Jones is a starting NFL WR and averages just over 55 catches a season. He clearly would be a waste of a scholarship. Gerald Jones isn't an AA or anything but he has definitely earned his scholarship. James Banks had his share of problems, but you can't seriously say he wasn't a good college WR while here. You are clueless.

I guess he had a minor injury in every other camp he was at then too?

Honestly, I'm not sold on him at all. If he can't even get an offer from Baylor at their camp, in a system that fits him much better...that just speaks volumes.

Nice article. I like the fact that he mentioned winning the state championship as his highest priority. A lot of kids don't bring that up in an interview on recruitment. Maybe it's because they aren't in the running... I don't know. Either way, it may very well end being Oregon but sounds like he enjoys the attention Tennessee is giving him. Surprised he is considering Southern Miss. Tennessee, Oregon, Michigan, Baylor..... Southern Miss? Baylor is also surprising but with what Griffin has shown there, it's understandable.

Nice article. I like the fact that he mentioned winning the state championship as his highest priority. A lot of kids don't bring that up in an interview on recruitment. Maybe it's because they aren't in the running... I don't know. Either way, it may very well end being Oregon but sounds like he enjoys the attention Tennessee is giving him. Surprised he is considering Southern Miss. Tennessee, Oregon, Michigan, Baylor..... Southern Miss? Baylor is also surprising but with what Griffin has shown there, it's understandable.

It speaks to the quality of prospect this kid is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere like Southern Miss. This link from the Baylor Rivals site says:
Baylor decided not to offer him after the camp and they may move in another direction.
and lists a 10% chance he ends up there.

cPanel®

I find it hard to believe we are seriously after a prospect that Baylor passed on. If this kid were any good, he'd have a lot more interest than he does. It's not like he has been flying under the radar.

It speaks to the quality of prospect this kid is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up somewhere like Southern Miss. This link from the Baylor Rivals site says: and lists a 10% chance he ends up there.

cPanel®

I find it hard to believe we are seriously after a prospect that Baylor passed on. If this kid were any good, he'd have a lot more interest than he does. It's not like he has been flying under the radar.

Ack. That's not good but sometimes practice or camps don't show what a kid can do come game time. I don't know if the current staff at Baylor recruited Griffin but if they did, they definitely have a good idea about good quarterbacks. You can never count out Lane, Chaney or O though. It's hard to go against them when they've worked with and or recruited the likes of Brees, Orton, Leinart, Sanchez, Booty and Snead. Could be a recruiting tool or could be the real deal. Hard to go against this staff when it comes to quarterback and defense. They seem to be well educated in those areas. Heck, forgot about running back. I don't know if Gran has an eye for runningbacks or is just a good coach but it has to be one or the other looking at the rb's he has coached. Same could be said for Lane/Chaney.... good eye when recruiting or good coaches. Both? I do like this staff a lot.

VN Store

Back