Splash Shields

Yeah, those won’t fog up all.
Firefighters wear totally encapsulated SCBA's and apply a certain compound that prevents fogging. SURELY the national champion LSU Tigers can come up with something to help them out. But you could be right...

I’m going to give you a rare like from me. Simply because you are using an amount of common sense that is equally rare on this board.
Yaaaay! My buddy actually brought that up to me today, so all the thanks goes to him on this rarest of occasions!

When did this happen?

It hasn't, and it likely won't. Tons of people are screaming that the sky is falling due to positive tests, yet conveniently ignore both Manfred's comments on the issue as well as the fact that all but three teams have played 7+ games (12% of the season, with plenty of teams closing in on 20% of the season completed) so far.

It hasn't, and it likely won't. Tons of people are screaming that the sky is falling due to positive tests, yet conveniently ignore both Manfred's comments on the issue as well as the fact that all but three teams have played 7+ games (12% of the season) so far.

What I thought.

Thanks.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Baseball is done
MLB has been done since the batters started stepping out of the box after every pitch to adjust their helmet, pull on their gloves, take a few practice swings, wave at their parents in the stands, adjust their pants, hold their hand up to the ump, put one foot back in the box and then wiggle it until it fully plants in the ground then do the same with the other foot, spit, and then drop their hand signaling they're ready for the next pitch only to repeat the whole ordeal 5 seconds after taking a pitch

When did this happen?
It didn't really. Commissioner made a few comments to get the player's attention after an outbreak with the Marlins and what they were afraid was a problem with the Cardinals. Everything stabilized by the weekend.

It didn't really. Commissioner made a few comments to get the player's attention after an outbreak with the Marlins and what they were afraid was a problem with the Cardinals. Everything stabilized by the weekend.
I give Baseball three more weeks before they shutdown unlike the NBA they didn’t have a plan in trying to minimize players getting infected.

Reactions: 08Vol
MLB has been done since the batters started stepping out of the box after every pitch to adjust their helmet, pull on their gloves, take a few practice swings, wave at their parents in the stands, adjust their pants, hold their hand up to the ump, put one foot back in the box and then wiggle it until it fully plants in the ground then do the same with the other foot, spit, and then drop their hand signaling they're ready for the next pitch only to repeat the whole ordeal 5 seconds after taking a pitch
Lulz.

I give Baseball three more weeks before they shutdown unlike the NBA they didn’t have a plan in trying to minimize players getting infected.
Seriously? They definitely have a plan. The difference is that they aren't in a bubble and they're depending on players to stay within protocols which adds layers the NBA doesn't have to deal with. There's a big difference between managing a limited number of teams through a playoff scenario vs MLB trying to play a whole season out over 3 months.

Feel like that will be a problem once they actually test them. How often are they going to have to wipe the condensation off them?

Looks like just breathing will be a problem. By the time you exhale and try then to inhale, all you will get is your used air. However if this is the case you won't get someones C-19 infected air... Just pass out!!

You omitted stretching the hammys and repositioning the boys......

I think a number of teams are going to use a cloth shield over the facemask. Plastic will not work. LSU players already trashing the shield.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Why reinvent the wheel?

(1) Protects head;
(2) Re-circulating air included;
(3) Looks bad ass; and
(4) Jedi mind tricks possible(?)

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Reactions: LandonVFL
Add a pinlock shield like motorcycle helmets use. You're welcome.
I agree. I just bought a motorcycle helmet with this technology. It would fog up as soon as you closed the face shield. After I installed the Pinlock, no more fogging. This is a fantastic idea. @Zues1, you've saved the 2020 football season.
Thank you.Screenshot_20200803-110119_DuckDuckGo.jpg

GBO

Reactions: Remy
Seriously? They definitely have a plan. The difference is that they aren't in a bubble and they're depending on players to stay within protocols which adds layers the NBA doesn't have to deal with. There's a big difference between managing a limited number of teams through a playoff scenario vs MLB trying to play a whole season out over 3 months.

Lou Williams says hello.

Baseball does have a lot of things to clean up. I was discussing sports (or lack of) this morning with my doctor and we both agreed this whole thing has shown us we can make it fine without sports 24/7 (which I used to love). The only professional sports I have followed, watched, and attended in the past at all is MLB and PGA. Seriously... and that's it. And now the desire for those are wanly big time. Now the college games are becoming somewhat distant and unimportant. The good doctor even suggested many had made sports a modern day idol (actually there's no question about that). So splash shields or not I've realized its not that big of a deal to me anymore anyways. JMO of course.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back