Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7th, 2017)

A amazing movie that was on the mark for Spider Man.
The size of Spider Man is matches him for his debut, Peter can't have a normal life because vulture and his crew are creating problems, a homage to Spider Man lifting heavy things, and the underdog.

It is wonderful that the vulture is a understandable super villain but he's still a unsympathetic super villain.
It's unmistakable a super villain for the 2nd movie with the extra scene.

It was dumb Shocker wasn't shown that much, also I recall seeing photos of him in his costume so I'm assuming deleted scene.
Also the whole criticism of the name shocker it's not pro wrestling is laughable when the Vulture cpuld be a alias for a member of a heavy metal band.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A amazing movie that was on the mark for Spider Man.
The size of Spider Man is matches him for his debut, Peter can't have a normal life because vulture and his crew are creating problems, a homage to Spider Man lifting heavy things, and the underdog.

It is wonderful that the vulture is a understandable super villain but he's still a unsympathetic super villain.
It's unmistakable a super villain for the 2nd movie with the extra scene.

It was dumb Shocker wasn't shown that much, also I recall seeing photos of him in his costume so I'm assuming deleted scene.
Also the whole criticism of the name shocker it's not pro wrestling is laughable when the Vulture cpuld be a alias for a member of a heavy metal band.

did you review this movie on Youtube ?

did you review this movie on Youtube ?

No.

Wow I'm amazed because the man that becomes the 2nd Shocker is also a bad guy in the remake Total Recall.
I didn't realize that until several minutes later if I recall right the fight on the boat of why did he look familiar.

I heard about the Sinister 6 possibly that could be the 2nd or 3rd movie. I wonder will they alter the mastermind to Vulture instead of Doctor Octopus.

8/10

I think they nailed the teenager aspect of early Spider-Man and did as good a job as the first 2 Rami movies of capturing the spirit of the character. The Amazing movies really tried to darken the world for Peter but this one lightened it back up. I wasn't quite sure how the "teen comedy" angle would play but it fit really well. The way teenage Peter was trying to make an impression on Stark and fighting his natural instinct to brag about it at the same time.

While there were plenty of nods to proper SM lore it drew heavily from Ultimate Spider-Man including folding a lot of Miles Morales world in (Ned, high school for gifted kids).

Because then all the weekend custody dads would have taken their daughters to it and broken all the records.

Except Spider Woman would be a different movie even though it's in the same universe.
If I understand you would want Spider Man homecoming to break certain terrific records and Spider Woman to breaj other terrific records.

Also this has a topnotch cliffhanger ending.
I'm guessing maybe the writer was inspired by Iron Man because it's the exact same kind of cliffhanger ending.

If the writer didn't see the movie Iron Man it's astounding because also in the MCU a movie with a topnotch cliffhanger ending, and Iron Man is a supporting character in this movie.

I finally made it to the theater and watched "Spider-Man: Homecoming". I enjoyed it. It wasn't anything ground-breaking, but I thought Tom Holland made a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Michael Keaton, as usual, brought an intensity to the Vulture. I've always thought the Vulture was one of the worst SM villians with his green outfit, white boa-like collar, bald head, beak nose and just looking old and lame. Michael Keaton made the Vulture a bad-ass. 3.5/5 or 7/10. Just a fun summer movie

For those of you who saw it, would you feel OK taking your 7 year-old son to see it? He wants to see it but you never know what you get with a PG-13 rating sometimes.

For those of you who saw it, would you feel OK taking your 7 year-old son to see it? He wants to see it but you never know what you get with a PG-13 rating sometimes.

I think you're fairly safe. It has a very youthful feel to it in comparison to most of the other Marvel movies.

EDIT: I should have prefaced my comment by saying that I don't have any kids. So take it for what it's worth.

7.5/10 Michael Keaton stole the show and Tom Holland is a good fit for Spider Man, but like someone else said it wasn't anything groundbreaking. Just another pretty solid addition to the MCU. Still didn't come close to beating Spider-Man 1 & 2 (For me)

Mild language would be the only deterrent IMO. Depending on how you feel about that.

Flash calls Peter
penis parker
several times.

Other than that the violence is pretty mild and there isn't really any sexual innuendos like in GotG.

Can't remember a scene that would elicit an uncomfortable question from a 7 year old. Even the cuss words are mostly cut off like they're on network TV.

I finally made it to the theater and watched "Spider-Man: Homecoming". I enjoyed it. It wasn't anything ground-breaking, but I thought Tom Holland made a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Michael Keaton, as usual, brought an intensity to the Vulture. I've always thought the Vulture was one of the worst SM villians with his green outfit, white boa-like collar, bald head, beak nose and just looking old and lame. Michael Keaton made the Vulture a bad-ass. 3.5/5 or 7/10. Just a fun summer movie

The metal vulture makes sense because in the MCU both Spider Man and the Vulture have advanced technology costumes.
Scorpion highly possible might have a metal green costume.
Possibly Mysterio may get his cubes that alter a environment with a illusion also from the stuff Vulture's crew kept.

So while different than the classic green wings and green tights it's not so utterly different that it's unrecognizable because that garbage is Spider Man 3 with the costume Harry wore as Green Goblin which has no damn green, and doesn't resemble the Green Goblin at all.

The metal vulture makes sense because in the MCU both Spider Man and the Vulture have advanced technology costumes.
Scorpion highly possible might have a metal green costume.
Possibly Mysterio may get his cubes that alter a environment with a illusion also from the stuff Vulture's crew kept.

So while different than the classic green wings and green tights it's not so utterly different that it's unrecognizable because that garbage is Spider Man 3 with the costume Harry wore as Green Goblin which has no damn green, and doesn't resemble the Green Goblin at all.

The general plot behind Vulture scavaging and repurposing the alien tech opens the doors for almost anything in the MCU.

Kinda like the krypton fragments in Smallville or the hyper fusion doomahicky in the Flash show.

The general plot behind Vulture scavaging and repurposing the alien tech opens the doors for almost anything in the MCU.

Kinda like the krypton fragments in Smallville or the hyper fusion doomahicky in the Flash show.

If I recall right Morlun is a alien or some ancient race that may be 1 of the oldest parasites or possibly the 1st parasites species in the MCU and the Marvel 616 universe , and a powerhouse foe that Spider Man saud hits harder Than The Hulk.

If Kraven the Hunter is used including as a sinister 6 member I'm predicting it will be similar to the super soldier serum for how he got his powers.

It wouldn't be surprising if all technology creates most members of the Sinister 6.
We already know Vulture, strong possibility Shocker because of the blaster , likely the Scorpion, and possibly several more.

VN Store

Back