Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

Those putting so much faith in the recruiting sites right now are probably being foolish. Their methods for evaluating players were disrupted over the last year+. It is VERY likely that the accuracy of their ratings will suffer.

That said... I struggle with this one somewhat just because of size. You can always come up with exceptions but guys that small seldom become great players on the college level regardless of how fast they are.

This kid apparently was drawing big time interest. That shouldn't be discounted. But neither should the history of guys like him in P-5 football.

If you are someone who puts all that faith in the recruiting sites... then you should trust those who work for them, right? Check @FïreBall 's post at 2:22 July 9th. They're saying Bama liked him as next up for slot.

Dumb post is dumb
Why is it dumb Tennessee is one of the all time greatest programs in college football history that has everything you would want in almost every aspect except where it counts. Tennessee is the opportunity of a life time for these recruits and they know it.

This kid is a superior prospect than KDarrius Toney was at this stage.

He's already faster than him right now. Doesn't possess the strength YET to break tackles like Toney.

This kid has a lot. A LOT to work with.

That’s fine, I have no issue with the young man, wish him the best.

But we gotta stop calling kids the next “Percy Harvin.” Gator fans are the worst at it. Kadarius Toney was great too, but he and Percy had different games. A position was named after Percy, Kadarius played the “Percy Position.”

Haven’t seen a Percy Harvin before or since.

Reactions: LittleVol
Stop what? Hoping one of our transferring IN instead of OUT players turns out to be good?

Yeah, that's just stupid.

I hope the kid is good, I trust your and other opinions on that.

My issue is stop comparing him or anyone else to Percy Harvin.

You don’t want to be “UCF North.” Youre Tennessee. Be Tennessee. I’m offended for you.
So now you want to add stupid to low class?

No one here has proposed becoming UCF North. Most are aware of where the program is, why it is where it is, and that UT will have to assess less recruited players and try to find guys who can win. We're still Tennessee... and you are still a jerk Gator fan.

I would ask if you'd seen the recent VQ quote provided by Fireball stating that Bama had serious interest in this kid... but I doubt it would matter even if you had.

Per 247 Sports.com Marquarius White WR from Alabama has committed.

Marquarius White, Clay-Chalkville, Wide Receiver

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
Worth noting Kiffin and Fuente were both interested in him. Not sure how high this kid was on their list, however.

Birmingham ABC 33/40 sport news seemed to indicate we beat out Louisville for him. Didn't even say Alabama, Auburn or anyone else had even offered.
Well that changes everything. 😔
1625851044400.gif

Sure but most likely Bama and GA offered weren't committable. It was down to us and Louisville.
He was the second rated slot reciever on the bama board. They got their number 1 and are full of depth. The guy is legit! GBO! BOOM! Great speed and hands and a perfect for our offense. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: FïreBall
That’s fine, I have no issue with the young man, wish him the best.

But we gotta stop calling kids the next “Percy Harvin.” Gator fans are the worst at it. Kadarius Toney was great too, but he and Percy had different games. A position was named after Percy, Kadarius played the “Percy Position.”

Haven’t seen a Percy Harvin before or since.
1625851817448.gif

Reactions: KptVFL
And? It's where we are right now. Gonna have to find over looked kids and develop them before we land big time recruits consistently. It's basically time for the Rick Barnes approach for football.
I hope so, we’ve routinely underdeveloped 4 star talent !

Worth noting Kiffin and Fuente were both interested in him. Not sure how high this kid was on their list, however.
People were saying that White was better than some of the 5 stars that camped at Bama and he was Bama’s next in line slot guy had they not already had a slot guy or something to that effect.

He was the second rated slot reciever on the bama board. They got their number 1 and are full of depth. The guy is legit! GBO! BOOM! Great speed and hands and a perfect for our offense. GBO!!!!!!

I checked 247 to see who they have but they don't have a WR commit, so how do they have their no 1 guy?

Those putting so much faith in the recruiting sites right now are probably being foolish. Their methods for evaluating players were disrupted over the last year+. It is VERY likely that the accuracy of their ratings will suffer.

That said... I struggle with this one somewhat just because of size. You can always come up with exceptions but guys that small seldom become great players on the college level regardless of how fast they are.

This kid apparently was drawing big time interest. That shouldn't be discounted. But neither should the history of guys like him in P-5 football.

Good post, insightful

VN Store

Back