Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

So you're claiming to know if the offers from the big boys were/are a commitment offer or not. Absolute BS! Oh, you can read his mind also. Save that ignorant crap for the gullible.
Gullible is acting like every 3* we get is a diamond in the rough.

I'm a Vol through and through and will support our guys on game day, but I'm sick of this Vandy east crap. So if you want to shame me for complaining about the obvious then so be it.

Meanwhile Ga has 5*, 9 4*s. Their only 3* is a punter. Bama is loaded with 5 and 4*s as usual. Heck, even Kentucky is out recruiting us by 20+ spots. But yeah, let's celebrate our 500-900 ranked players and expect CJH to work miracles and fire him when he can't.

NAH--You are just butt hurt because you don't like Heupel. Go ahead now. Admit it!!!!!!!!
Quite the opposite actually. Check my post history and you'll see me trying to convince everyone why I think he's a good hire. I'm not negative all the time, but the influx of 3*s is concerning. I understand our situation and I know its going to take time. Until then, we're repeating what continues to separate us from the top teams

Per 247 Sports.com Marquarius White WR from Alabama has committed.

Marquarius White, Clay-Chalkville, Wide Receiver

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
All these 3 stars we are getting is awesome because now we can compete against Vandy in recruiting. Hope they have 5 star hearts. 😉

Reactions: VolForLife83
I am just wondering since all these star gazers out here telling everybody that Heupel is not getting any 4 or 5 stars, just how is he going to convince these 4 or 5 star players to come to Tn with the sanctions getting ready to come down. These kids know all about the trouble Tn can find themselves in. TN coming off a 3-7 season and what 4 or 5 star wants to sign on for this mess? You star gazers should be happy that Tn is not down to begging any kid to come. How about waiting until Jan to see how this class shapes up instead of acting like you are some recruiting experts.

Reactions: Jaws

I'm a Vol through and through and will support our guys on game day, but I'm sick of this Vandy east crap. So if you want to shame me for complaining about the obvious then so be it.

Meanwhile Ga has 5*, 9 4*s. Their only 3* is a punter. Bama is loaded with 5 and 4*s as usual. Heck, even Kentucky is out recruiting us by 20+ spots. But yeah, let's celebrate our 500-900 ranked players and expect CJH to work miracles and fire him when he can't.

Oh you know so much.
So all 3 stars ALWAYS stay 3 stars right?
We have a 5 star QB already on the team. And 2 other 4 stars? But they suck because they're on our team right?

So when a 3 star suddenly becomes a 4 star. He's instantly better right???

The very fact that you're arguing about "stars" shows you know very little about the sport. Mr. VOL through and through.

Hahaha.
Then you try to argue about committable vs noncommittable offers. How about you consider the fact that there is a conditional offer to begin with? From Alabama and UGA.

This kid runs a 4.35...absolutely dominates for one of the BEST programs in Alabama High School. But because hes a 3 star right now...he sucks?

Reactions: onevol74
All these 3 stars we are getting is awesome because now we can compete against Vandy in recruiting. Hope they have 5 star hearts. 😉
Well they're ranked just as high or higher than the guys Heupel put in the NFL this past draft. But that doesn't mean anything.
Because everyone knows development doesn't happen over college.
I mean just look at the NFL draft. Every 1st rnd pick was a 5 star! Every 2nd and 3rd rnd a 4 star!! Right??

But hey! Wewooonfurstaaaaaah and favstaaaahđŸ˜«đŸ˜«đŸ˜«đŸ˜«. Just because dey staaaaaahs!

Reactions: onevol74
Tennessee picked up their ninth commitment on Thursday with the pledge of Squirrel White. In talking to people in Alabama, White is seen as a big pickup for Tennessee. Having camped at Alabama, had the Tide not found their slot guy already, White would have been the next guy in line. He was impressive at camp in Tuscaloosa with some in attendance remarking he was better than a couple of five-stars that were camping at the same time.
VQ

Birmingham ABC 33/40 sport news seemed to indicate we beat out Louisville for him. Didn't even say Alabama, Auburn or anyone else had even offered.

Reactions: RexTheWonderDog
True, but becoming UCF North wouldn't be so bad after what UT has been since 2008.

The difficulty in becoming “UCF North” is that you don’t have Tulane, Bethune Cookman, FAMU, Navy and similar on your schedule every year.

Dexter McCluster Ole Miss 5'11 175 lbs
- 300 yards rushing vs UT

Desean Jackson Cal 6'0 165 lbs
- 100 yards recieving and 1 pr for TD vs UT

DeAnthony Thomas- Oregon 5'9 160
- UT couldn't touch him in 2013

Jaquez Green Florida 5'9 165
- do I really need to post stats???

Bradon James UF 5'7 155
- is still breaking punt returns on us!

We all got upset when we played against these guys and then would ask "WHY CAN'T WE GET A GUY LIKE THIS?".

Some all of you all are so painfully ignorant of the past or present that you have no way to hope for the future for your Vol team.
This kid ran a verified 10.6- 100 and 4.35 -40.
The 40 being the more pertinent time as it translates to the game of football.

Y'all can't even tell by looking at his film...his OBVIOUS skills. Sad.... You don't have to be scout to see that He's really good and not just because of his speed.
And , DeVonta Smith was 6' 166 lbs when he tested fo the NFL draft although he was listed as 6-1, 175 by Alabama.

Reactions: LittleVol
Birmingham ABC 33/40 sport news seemed to indicate we beat out Louisville for him. Didn't even say Alabama, Auburn or anyone else had even offered.
Of course they want to down play anyone they did not sign. Don't believe everything our enemies say.

I hope the kid does great here. For years we have signed 4 stars and some 5 stars that NEVER got developed. We have gone through a string of coaches that didnt move the needle on some of these kids. Let's give Heupel to see what he can do before we start getting ready to give him the boot.

You said that offers from the big boys weren't "committable" (not even a word) like you knew. Now, you go off on some tangent about three stars. I called you on your "committable" statement. FOS!

There's a reason I used most likely. Do I know? No. But it's probably highly likely. Im not taking a negative stance on anything, I'm taking a realistic one. Learn the difference buddy. I'm actually very positive about the program, I think we will be an entertaining and fun team to watch this season. Will that translate into a 9-3 season? Lol no but I think 7-5 with lots of points scored will be a fantastic first year.
I just happen to know the guy who pumped gas at Nicks daddy s gas station. He said Nick wanted him bad!

This kid is a superior prospect than KDarrius Toney was at this stage.

He's already faster than him right now. Doesn't possess the strength YET to break tackles like Toney.

This kid has a lot. A LOT to work with.

Reactions: GameTime
Hate to be that guy, but...

Looks like we beat out Tulane, Toledo, Troy, and UAB for this kid.

Yeah a bit of an overreaction by the OP IMO, but it’s what we can expect with our current situation.

I'm all in on CJH, but this is where we have been for the past 12 years. Is it possible? Sure, but not likely. Last I looked we were ranked around 46th. Sure we'll add a few more blue chippers, but we aren't going to build a powerhouse in the SEC with these lower level guys.

We've heard the same crap every year, with every staff. I trust coach Dooley, I trust coach Jones, I trust Pruitt. They had success at a, b, and c schools. They discovered no name Joe, they developed and put so and so in the league.

CJH may be a good coach and just what we need, but our biggest rivals have coaches and TALENT. Otherwise, we're KY. A good coach with no talent who might sneak up on someone one day.
I never trusted Dooley. Jones got us to 9 wins and I was happy with his production but he made some terrible decisions and apparently was a lousy person and that caught up with him. I fell for Pruitt. I won’t lie, but he lost my confidence when AJ was promoted and he kept JG in the game. I think Heupel is better than all of those guys and his supporting cast is solid. His weakest hire is Tim Banks who actually was a Broyles award finalist. People keep saying he has never called plays, but he was the DC for Butch Jones’ team for 2 years where he was a finalist for that award. He was also co defensive coordinator at Illinois. Not sure if he called plays there or not.

I don’t care how many stars overall, CH can do a lot with speed I’m sure. Clay-chalk ville is a decent sized, good HS program too.

VN Store

Back