Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC. I don't know, maybe he's a 155-lb. jitterbug, but a de-cleater delivered by a 230-lb. college linebacker will separate his jitter from his bug. Bundle all that together and I'm wondering what Heupel and company see in this kid.
4.3 something seems pretty legit? Prob top 3 on Vols roster?

Reactions: LexVol71
No, I seen his offer list. Have you ever heard of a non commitable offer? Usually, a kid of this caliber will have to attend a camp or private workout to actually get an offer from Bama and the likes. He never visited any of the big schools. He has visited UT, VT, and Louisville. See the commonality? Decently prestigious schools, in good conference where the teams suck. Seems like he knows his place, don't want competition. Then again, maybe he's just looking for immediate playing time.

What I do know is that we've got to recruit better. And I know, it's early, kids will get recruiting bumps, etc. But we're all too familiar with this pattern by now?

NAH--You are just butt hurt because you don't like Heupel. Go ahead now. Admit it!!!!!!!!

I'm all in on CJH, but this is where we have been for the past 12 years. Is it possible? Sure, but not likely. Last I looked we were ranked around 46th. Sure we'll add a few more blue chippers, but we aren't going to build a powerhouse in the SEC with these lower level guys.

We've heard the same crap every year, with every staff. I trust coach Dooley, I trust coach Jones, I trust Pruitt. They had success at a, b, and c schools. They discovered no name Joe, they developed and put so and so in the league.

CJH may be a good coach and just what we need, but our biggest rivals have coaches and TALENT. Otherwise, we're KY. A good coach with no talent who might sneak up on someone one day.

Brother, we are wishing to be as good as KY when it comes the state of our program. We just finished the worst season of my lifetime and I am 61 years old. We had to fire a dirty coach and most of our dirty recruiting staff. Unprecedented national disgrace, at least in my lifetime. We are starting at the bottom. From scratch. We have to win with what we have...do more with less, as they say, and start fighting and scratching and clawing our way back up into the conversation about elite talent. And we do have some talent in the house now. Many coaches have trod this same path. Look at Dabo, James Franklin, KY, many others. It is what it is. There would be no joy upon reaching the mountaintops without slogging through the valleys one win at a time.

Hate to be that guy, but...

Looks like we beat out Tulane, Toledo, Troy, and UAB for this kid.
So why you got to be that guy?...We are about to get nailed with probation and we have a new head coach who has stepped into a very toxic situation...He has to prove himself before the big recruits will even give us a look...So relax and let him do his thing...Hate to hurt your feelings but i am going to trust his judgement on recruits over yours!

Doesnt matter how many times you point out that Pro Bowl pkayers most of the time are 3 star guys in college. UT gets hammered if they dont land 1st Team NFL players out of high school. Welcome aboard young man.

Reactions: 0311
No, I seen his offer list. Have you ever heard of a non commitable offer? Usually, a kid of this caliber will have to attend a camp or private workout to actually get an offer from Bama and the likes. He never visited any of the big schools. He has visited UT, VT, and Louisville. See the commonality? Decently prestigious schools, in good conference where the teams suck. Seems like he knows his place, don't want competition. Then again, maybe he's just looking for immediate playing time.

What I do know is that we've got to recruit better. And I know, it's early, kids will get recruiting bumps, etc. But we're all too familiar with this pattern by now?

So you're claiming to know if the offers from the big boys were/are a commitment offer or not. Absolute BS! Oh, you can read his mind also. Save that ignorant crap for the gullible.

Tennessee is like a poor mans Lamborghini everything about it looks top notch but then you drive it and figure out it's no where close but at least you can say you have a Lamborghini. That why I don't blame these 3* recruits for wanting to play at Tennessee it is the closest thing to the top without actually being there.

Tennessee is like a poor mans Lamborghini everything about it looks top notch but then you drive it and figure out it's no where close but at least you can say you have a Lamborghini. That why I don't blame these 3* recruits for wanting to play at Tennessee it is the closest thing to the top without actually being there.
Dumb post is dumb

Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC.

He's listed at 155 pounds. Of course he doesn't yet have the muscle to extend that 40 speed to 100 and 200 meters!

But does anyone really think he's gonna show up in Knoxville a year from now weighing just 155? And the only way his 200 meter time becomes relevant is if he tries to run the ball from the south end zone to the Alumni Memorial Building.

No, I seen his offer list. Have you ever heard of a non commitable offer? Usually, a kid of this caliber will have to attend a camp or private workout to actually get an offer from Bama and the likes. He never visited any of the big schools. He has visited UT, VT, and Louisville. See the commonality? Decently prestigious schools, in d conference where the teams suck. Seems like he knows his place, don't want competition. Then again, maybe he's just looking for immediate playing time.

You really do not KNOW anything. you really are just guessing as to the commitment each school has for him. They may all be committable or none of them are but you have an agenda you are pushing and you use the worst-case scenario to prove your point.

There's a reason I used most likely. Do I know? No. But it's probably highly likely. Im not taking a negative stance on anything, I'm taking a realistic one. Learn the difference buddy. I'm actually very positive about the program, I think we will be an entertaining and fun team to watch this season. Will that translate into a 9-3 season? Lol no but I think 7-5 with lots of points scored will be a fantastic first year.
Neither you or I know the probabilities of these events. You are making assumptions and nothing else. Maybe say "I think" would be more accurate. I took you language as a negative expression and still believe it is/was. Sorry if I was incorrect. There are so many posters who are not giving the program a chance to to even field a team this Fall that can run through the "T" without stumbling.

Reactions: ACvol3
Typical poster....
tenor.gif

Reactions: OllVol
UT will surprise some people this year. I’m glad we are going in with low expectations. After some light is shed on this investigation and recruits know what the sanctions will be, rival coaches will run out of fuel and we will be right back where we belong. Let’s give them some slack through this mess they’re in (not our current coaches fault) 😎

Dexter McCluster Ole Miss 5'11 175 lbs
- 300 yards rushing vs UT

Desean Jackson Cal 6'0 165 lbs
- 100 yards recieving and 1 pr for TD vs UT

DeAnthony Thomas- Oregon 5'9 160
- UT couldn't touch him in 2013

Jaquez Green Florida 5'9 165
- do I really need to post stats???

Bradon James UF 5'7 155
- is still breaking punt returns on us!

We all got upset when we played against these guys and then would ask "WHY CAN'T WE GET A GUY LIKE THIS?".

Some all of you all are so painfully ignorant of the past or present that you have no way to hope for the future for your Vol team.
This kid ran a verified 10.6- 100 and 4.35 -40.
The 40 being the more pertinent time as it translates to the game of football.

Y'all can't even tell by looking at his film...his OBVIOUS skills. Sad.... You don't have to be scout to see that He's really good and not just because of his speed.

We have recruited better. See where the program is now. In the ditch. I would rather have a very talented 3 star than a dud of a 4 or 5 star.

VN Store

Back