Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

No, I seen his offer list. Have you ever heard of a non commitable offer? Usually, a kid of this caliber will have to attend a camp or private workout to actually get an offer from Bama and the likes. He never visited any of the big schools. He has visited UT, VT, and Louisville. See the commonality? Decently prestigious schools, in good conference where the teams suck. Seems like he knows his place, don't want competition. Then again, maybe he's just looking for immediate playing time.

What I do know is that we've got to recruit better. And I know, it's early, kids will get recruiting bumps, etc. But we're all too familiar with this pattern by now?

Hate to be that guy but there’s literally no way you saw his full offer list and made the comment you did. Just take the L

Most likely you don’t know if their offers were committable or not. Seems like you just want to take the negative slant on your comments.

There's a reason I used most likely. Do I know? No. But it's probably highly likely. Im not taking a negative stance on anything, I'm taking a realistic one. Learn the difference buddy. I'm actually very positive about the program, I think we will be an entertaining and fun team to watch this season. Will that translate into a 9-3 season? Lol no but I think 7-5 with lots of points scored will be a fantastic first year.

This guy is a win folks. Alabama is a hotbed rn, and they are looking for other options. I have been watching his recruitment.

Reactions: VAVol85
There is one over arching theme here, speed, speed, speed. and jayson swain called it tbh.
Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC. I don't know, maybe he's a 155-lb. jitterbug, but a de-cleater delivered by a 230-lb. college linebacker will separate his jitter from his bug. Bundle all that together and I'm wondering what Heupel and company see in this kid.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
We are not going to get many 4 or 5 stars until: 1) the NCAA cloud is gone 2) we show some consistent progress and cohesion on the field. Until then, we have to make the best out of the recruits that the coaches think can fit into their system and hope they can coach us out of this funk we are in. If all goes well, maybe we can start recruiting with the big boys in 3 or 4 years. Welcome Mr. White!!

Hate to be that guy, but...
Looks like we beat out Tulane, Toledo, Troy, and UAB for this kid.

Hmmmm, I hate to be that guy but

…He also went on official visits to Louisville and Virginia Tech last month before traveling to Tennessee. More than 25 schools have extended offers to him, including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Michigan, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Missouri and Georgia Tech.

I'll take a kid that plays with hart and great work ethic over a 5 star primadona who is looking to "cruise by" just because someone said he was that good. Some people play with a chip on the shoulder to prove others wrong. Like Flair said " To be the man you gotta beat the man". Thats what Ut needs in recruits

I'll take a kid that plays with hart and great work ethic over a 5 star primadona who is looking to "cruise by" just because someone said he was that good. Some people play with a chip on the shoulder to prove others wrong. Like Flair said " To be the man you gotta beat the man". Thats what Ut needs in recruits

Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC. I don't know, maybe he's a 155-lb. jitterbug, but a de-cleater delivered by a 230-lb. college linebacker will separate his jitter from his bug. Bundle all that together and I'm wondering what Heupel and company see in this kid.

it's a good post. what we are looking for is difference makers. I'm familiar with recent once because of the history with UT. We have difference maker that hasn't been used.

VN Store

Back