Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

tennesseeduke

Per 247 Sports.com Marquarius White WR from Alabama has committed.

Marquarius White, Clay-Chalkville, Wide Receiver

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

And? It's where we are right now. Gonna have to find over looked kids and develop them before we land big time recruits consistently. It's basically time for the Rick Barnes approach for football.

I'm all in on CJH, but this is where we have been for the past 12 years. Is it possible? Sure, but not likely. Last I looked we were ranked around 46th. Sure we'll add a few more blue chippers, but we aren't going to build a powerhouse in the SEC with these lower level guys.

We've heard the same crap every year, with every staff. I trust coach Dooley, I trust coach Jones, I trust Pruitt. They had success at a, b, and c schools. They discovered no name Joe, they developed and put so and so in the league.

CJH may be a good coach and just what we need, but our biggest rivals have coaches and TALENT. Otherwise, we're KY. A good coach with no talent who might sneak up on someone one day.

I'm all in on CJH, but this is where we have been for the past 12 years. Is it possible? Sure, but not likely. Last I looked we were ranked around 46th. Sure we'll add a few more blue chippers, but we aren't going to build a powerhouse in the SEC with these lower level guys.

We've heard the same crap every year, with every staff. I trust coach Dooley, I trust coach Jones, I trust Pruitt. They had success at a, b, and c schools. They discovered no name Joe, they developed and put so and so in the league.

CJH may be a good coach and just what we need, but our biggest rivals have coaches and TALENT. Otherwise, we're KY. A good coach with no talent who might sneak up on someone one day.
Doesn’t sound like you hate to be that guy, sounds like you WANT to be that guy…

Your reading comprehension is poor. Look at the kid's offer list.
No, I seen his offer list. Have you ever heard of a non commitable offer? Usually, a kid of this caliber will have to attend a camp or private workout to actually get an offer from Bama and the likes. He never visited any of the big schools. He has visited UT, VT, and Louisville. See the commonality? Decently prestigious schools, in good conference where the teams suck. Seems like he knows his place, don't want competition. Then again, maybe he's just looking for immediate playing time.

What I do know is that we've got to recruit better. And I know, it's early, kids will get recruiting bumps, etc. But we're all too familiar with this pattern by now?

Hate to be that guy, but...

Looks like we beat out Tulane, Toledo, Troy, and UAB for this kid.
For majority of kids this year, rankings will miss more this year than any I can remember. Speed never goes into a slump.

This is the best write up on White that is most accurate imho.
A player who has seen his stock soar since a big junior season at Clay-Chalkville High, Marquarius White has added offers from Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and others in the last three months. Similar to current Auburn wide receiver Ja’Varrius Johnson, White uses his quickness to create separation and is hard to handle in the middle of the field. With the speed to run off the leave defenders, White is that home run threat teams are looking for.

After 8 3*s someone has to be
No, they don’t.
We each *choose* how we react, and our reactions generally speak to what we are inside.

Excited to have this kid, and the fact that he held some MAJOR SEC offers, whether commitable at this time or not (and NEITHER of us know) is good enough for me.
That’s how I *choose* to react.

VN Store

Back