Special teams and defense were fantastic tonight

Volz4lif3

VN Hose Toter
Shout out to those guys the ST hardly get any love and tonight they played lights out.. Great win and now let's go get #8...

Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee defense is underrated.. It's good.. Really good. Special teams has been solid all year. Can't remember last time i could say that.

Both units were really solid tonight and with Hurd pounding the rock, that's all it took.

It seemed like the ball was on Mizzou's end of the field all game long. We dominated field position.

Special teams is one of the main reasons no blowout losses this year! :rock:

And NOBODY wants to kick or punt the ball to us!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Special teams don't get any recognition this year? Is that a joke?

Maybe Medley, who looked serviceable tonight, minus a missed chip shot. He's deservedly gotten a lot of criticism this year.

The defense looked good. And the offense looked good... enough.

Most of the good field position was a result of mizzou being terrible on offense and punting, but it was a good win, so we look forward to Vandy.

I know it's way too early to talk about next year, but I selfishly hope Cam & JRM come back. Add a healthy Tuttle and other defenders that have missed significant time,and the D has potential to be lights out !!!

Maybe Medley, who looked serviceable tonight, minus a missed chip shot. He's deservedly gotten a lot of criticism this year.

Most of the good field position was a result of mizzou being terrible on offense and punting, but it was a good win, so we look forward to Vandy.
Calm down Thrash I wasn't just talking bout this year I know kick off teams and the punter have been awesome all year long with Cam in PR.. I was just saying that special teams hardly get any love.. Especially kick off teams.. That's what I was saying.. Now grab those orange panties out your butt..

Shout out to those guys the ST hardly get any love and tonight they played lights out.. Great win and now let's go get #8...

I disagree. Our D secondary sucks, sucks, sucks.
A good passing team can pick us apart.

I think we tackle better than we every have .
We're fundamentally better on special team than I've every seen on the hill.

Are you serious bro?

Damn serious. We suck.
Are you a blind person?.
When the opposing quarterback throws the ball, 50% of the time our D backs are 10-15 yards away from the receiver and close late.
Missouri was overrated on both sides of the ball.
Our D secondary has been dismal the last ten years.

And i`m not your bro.
If you are from the ghetto, please chime in.

Last edited:
Damn serious. We suck.
Missouri was overrated on both sides of the ball.
Our D secondary has been dismal the last ten years.

And i`m not your bro.

Hey Bro whats up? Drew Lock was 13/30 for 135 yards. Our secondary had no chance against him. Just dismal

Don't call me "bro", dude.

I'm not your "dude", friend.

I'm not your "friend", pal...

Most of the good field position was a result of mizzou being terrible on offense and punting, but it was a good win, so we look forward to Vandy.[/QUOT

This is classic VN. No credit for a solid win.

Reactions: 2 people
THINK folks, how many years, or decades, has it been since we've been able to be really proud of our Special teams?

buTch said he would make our Special Teams 1 of his priorities and he's done that well.

I'm really proud of all our Special teams guys and YES, that does include Medley!

Kicking that football last night was like kicking a hard brick and it does hurt but he only missed 1 FG and he was a big part of the points on the board that got us the WIN.

Our D played about like I expected and that was good.

It's great that we've finally gotten back to the point that we again EXPECT our D to play really well.

If buTch can talk Sutton and Reeves-Maybin into staying for their Senior season I expect our D to get much better and we'll be damn hard to score on next season.

Next season our O line should be much better and lots of the FG's should turn into TD's.

It's GREAT to have this many WINS in a season so far already and I can see serious progress made since buTch and his staff took over.

I'm very proud of all our Tennessee footVol players!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back