Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 213 66.1%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Don't talk about going to the moon even though we're planning a mission to the moon.

<sigh>

We've managed to keep politics out for the most part. Yet, here you are...

It even says right in his tweet "of which the moon is a part" of getting to Mars.

Staying on the ISS will cost you for life support & to use the toilet daily is $11,250 each day.

General supplies like food & air will cost you $22,500 each day.

<sigh>

It even says right in his tweet "of which the moon is a part" of getting to Mars.

I'm glad somebody got it. I have no Idea what he means. I can imagine NASA administrators looking at each other saying whaaaaaaaa?

giphy.gif

<sigh>

I don't intend to make a brouhaha over it, but if you're intending to go to the moon, and all indications are that NASA is, what is the point of the tweet?

NASA has to fight an claw to pay for manned missions, and this doesn't help.

I don't intend to make a brouhaha over it, but if you're intending to go to the moon, and all indications are that NASA is, what is the point of the tweet?

NASA has to fight an claw to pay for manned missions, and this doesn't help.

Who's fault is that? And don't blame Trump specifically. This spans multiple Administrations.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Looks like we will never know if there's life out there if at all according to this article written 5 hrs ago.

Extraterrestrial life could be scarcer than first thought, study says.

Maybe that's the way God had it all planned out.....for those that believe in a God of creation.
Pretty sure we have already found microbial life in our solar system. Our was that the peyote?

Not seeing how the study changes anything. It also only looks at places where humans could, more or less, live. So its ignoring all the possible variations life could take.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Ever since I became a science and sci fi fan about the time of Sputnik I thought we would meet ET in my lifetime. Or at least confirm he's out there. I'm now 70 and I'm not so sure anymore.

Louder...one of my favorite things about the web is now i can read both popular science and popular mechanics online and not have to choose which magazine scrip to get this year...lol. they are free online to read. Check em out.

Anyway, was reading a bunch of articles on popsci and got into one about antimatter. Really cool how they can create antihydrogen now in a magnetic field and hold it for 15 minutes before it finds matter and explodes. Creating light (energy) ibwas really unhappy to see the same article state matter of fact ly. That when anti darkmatter meets darkmatter that regular matter is created instead. Stated as fact, no qualifiers etc.

1st. Dark matter is hypothetical, and MIT researchers recently found 2 galaxies, not 1, that have zero dark matter.(,in theory) we arent even sure dark matter exists, never observed it bc if it does exist it doesnt respond to light (unlike any matter in the universe) we certainly dont know that darkantimatter exists at all...and nothing, ever, has been shown to create matter...period. only God has said He created matter. So that was a complete bullcrap statement from a respected scientific journal...really disappointing to me. It may very well turn out that "darkmatter" is the modern day "ether" of the scientific community and never has or will exist. The article also stated that gamma rays are created when the 2 darks meet,just like when the 2 matters meet...again, total speculative fiction in no way based on science....

Reactions: Quaint88
Louder...one of my favorite things about the web is now i can read both popular science and popular mechanics online and not have to choose which magazine scrip to get this year...lol. they are free online to read. Check em out.

Anyway, was reading a bunch of articles on popsci and got into one about antimatter. Really cool how they can create antihydrogen now in a magnetic field and hold it for 15 minutes before it finds matter and explodes. Creating light (energy) ibwas really unhappy to see the same article state matter of fact ly. That when anti darkmatter meets darkmatter that regular matter is created instead. Stated as fact, no qualifiers etc.

1st. Dark matter is hypothetical, and MIT researchers recently found 2 galaxies, not 1, that have zero dark matter.(,in theory) we arent even sure dark matter exists, never observed it bc if it does exist it doesnt respond to light (unlike any matter in the universe) we certainly dont know that darkantimatter exists at all...and nothing, ever, has been shown to create matter...period. only God has said He created matter. So that was a complete bullcrap statement from a respected scientific journal...really disappointing to me. It may very well turn out that "darkmatter" is the modern day "ether" of the scientific community and never has or will exist. The article also stated that gamma rays are created when the 2 darks meet,just like when the 2 matters meet...again, total speculative fiction in no way based on science....

Astronomers Just Solved The Bizarre Mystery of a Galaxy With No Dark Matter

Looks like we will never know if there's life out there if at all according to this article written 5 hrs ago.

Extraterrestrial life could be scarcer than first thought, study says.

Maybe that's the way God had it all planned out.....for those that believe in a God of creation.

God 'does not play dice with the universe,' Einstein writes in letter up for auction.

LOl.......if you take time to read this article look over the comment section at the bottom for reactions.

It was recently found that the first galaxy that seemed to have no dark matter only appeared that way due to an inaccurate distance estimate. The 2nd galaxy is in the same group.

ScienceDaily.com - The mystery of the galaxy with no dark matter

ETA: Too slow.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
God 'does not play dice with the universe,' Einstein writes in letter up for auction.

LOl.......if you take time to read this article look over the comment section at the bottom for reactions.

I don't know whether Einstein believed in God or not. His famous statement "God does not play dice with the universe" really wasn't about God anyway.

Einstein didn't accept many aspects of quantum theory like the uncertainty principle and entanglement. He believed that the theory was wrong and the universe could be described and would be found to be completely orderly by classical physics. The statement came about when he was debating Niels Bohr on the subject of quantum physics. When some of these "spooky" findings of quantum mechanics arose Einstein blurted out that God does not play dice with the universe. It was clear to all in attendance that he meant the Universe is orderly, understandable, can be explained by classical physics and there is no uncertainty. (such as the question about whether that damn cat is both dead and alive at the same time)

Last edited:
I dont think he was a true Christian, but i do believe he was a theist that believed in a Creator. I dont care what he believed about God, he isnt my Pastor or a Sundayschool teacher instructing my kids. He was a scientist that was remarkably brilliant.

I didnt realize until i read more about it recently how much conflict there is between the "big bang," theory and accepted science. The big bang is impossible according to modern understanding of the universe around us...in many different ways. It is simply impossible under our laws of physics, as is the current continued expansion of our universe as we know it. Yet i have read articles which are amazingly specific in dating the supposed big bang as the beginning of it all

Deleted

I shouldn't have posted it. It had nothing to do with space exploration.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back