Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 213 66.1%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters
I am ready to get slapped for this and will deserve it, but hopefully some of the prep work Kate is doing off camera is getting the sandwiches the guys ordered ready.

Yes yes I know in bad taste. She deserves to be treated equally blah blah blah.

I said that an hour ago bro....she needs to go make Sammi sammiches bc that hatch door is beating her down...

Guys there's a problem....the hatch on the capsule is stuck. Bad...

If you remember there was a foreign object on the hatch seal before launch...they said that they removed it and lubricated the hatch....

Yall think maybe that lube froze? Like in an ice storm when your car doors get stuck and you can't open them until you pour warm water on it???

Yay....finally got it open

It took her, with help at the end, over an hour to get it open. We joke about making sammiches but something went wrong with that hatch....either physically or software?

Something definitely went wrong...

Something to consider; things went wrong on every STS flight, but we didn't have the access we have now. Every thing that has happened with Crew 1 has been broadcast live and fixed.

Reactions: LouderVol
One thing I wasnt sure about is they said this was still new procedures for everyone. But it should have been the same as Demo 1 right? Unless this was a different union point on the ISS, does anyone know?

I know for Demo 1 it took a while to open because of temperature changes. This time it sounds like there was more vacuum than expected.

Overall I thought it went smoothly. It was on time.

💯 agree on Bridenstine!

Boeing has scheduled a 2nd test flight of Starliner for sometime in late January. They still have the first crewed flight scheduled for July.

I wonder how Boeing is going to react when they get told "sorry, you've got to dock at the alternate docking port. SpaceX already has their crewed mission at the primary airlock."

Something to consider; things went wrong on every STS flight, but we didn't have the access we have now. Every thing that has happened with Crew 1 has been broadcast live and fixed.

Giving Rockwell credit, that thing was a complicated monster especially for 1970s tech. It should almost have been expected for things to go wrong.

Unfortunately, the big problems were catastrophic.

Giving Rockwell credit, that thing was a complicated monster especially for 1970s tech. It should almost have been expected for things to go wrong.

Unfortunately, the big problems were catastrophic.
Credit to the dude at Thiokol. He knew that Challenger would fail, but was ignored.

I said that an hour ago bro....she needs to go make Sammi sammiches bc that hatch door is beating her down...

Guys there's a problem....the hatch on the capsule is stuck. Bad...

If you remember there was a foreign object on the hatch seal before launch...they said that they removed it and lubricated the hatch....

Yall think maybe that lube froze? Like in an ice storm when your car doors get stuck and you can't open them until you pour warm water on it???
Yay....finally got it open

It took her, with help at the end, over an hour to get it open. We joke about making sammiches but something went wrong with that hatch....either physically or software?

Something definitely went wrong...

The hatch they enter the capsule in prior to launch as well as after splash down and the hatch they use when docked on station are two different hatches.

The hatch used for ingress/egress on land is on the side of the capsule.
The hatch used while in orbit on station is in the nose cone of the capsule.

Crew 1 booster returning to port. Hope they tied it down lol.
pqcwtt0bh8061.jpg

Reactions: LouderVol
I didn't know about the Chinese building their own version until I read the article.

Something like last year or year before it went online.

It's to my understanding they aren't playing nice with the data (no surprise) so it'd be nice to have something as capable in our hands.

Aricebo is a facility we should consider replacing with something as good or better. Looking up the discoveries it's made is an impressive list.

Something like last year or year before it went online.

It's to my understanding they aren't playing nice with the data (no surprise) so it'd be nice to have something as capable in our hands.

Aricebo is a facility we should consider replacing with something as good or better. Looking up the discoveries it's made is an impressive list.
Somebody needs to tell Elon that it is completely impossible and insane to build an array on the far side of the moon...

VN Store

Back