Sources: Tennessee @ Kansas for SEC/Big 12 Challenge

What you fail to understand Brother is Im a sports nut and always have been and Ive learned that you have to accept the bad with the good and most of the times things arent going to go your way.

You see Im a Chicago Cubs fan above all so Ive learned to accept losing until recently.

With that said I dont expect a very good season this year.

That doesnt mean I want to argue or mean any harm to anyone but discussing sports means we get to vent our unpopular opinions as well as gloat when we're doing well.

Kansas is a traditional powerhouse and I see a UT team that looks to be in a transition year after losing 3 NBA players,4 starters,and had 2 transfers.

Do you expect that to go well?

Am I a SOB for thinking that?

Loser mentality.

Go Vols

They need to find a big man up there especially if the young man from Arizona St isn't eligible yet..? I wonder if Barnes n the staff is looking at another transfer?

They need to find a big man up there especially if the young man from Arizona St isn't eligible yet..? I wonder if Barnes n the staff is looking at another transfer?
At the moment, it doesn't look like it. The only potential addition remaining looks like 5-star center N'faly Dante, but that's a longshot right now

Kentucky at Texas Tech

Tennessee at Kansas

Baylor at Florida

Mississippi State at Oklahoma

Missouri at West Virginia

Oklahoma State at Texas A&M

LSU at Texas

Iowa State at Auburn

Kansas State at Alabama

TCU at Arkansas

Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Georgia are the four SEC teams sitting out this season's edition

Some SEC schools not in the B12 games will be playing AAC schools in a AAC/SEC challenge. Example Georgia/Memphis.

Reactions: sport3500
Some SEC schools not in the B12 games will be playing AAC schools in a AAC/SEC challenge. Example Georgia/Memphis.

What I don't understand is each of the 4 games is a home/home matchup. So, those 4 SEC schools can't play in the B12 games next year because they're all ready locked into a AAC game?

What I don't understand is each of the 4 games is a home/home matchup. So, those 4 SEC schools can't play in the B12 games next year because they're all ready locked into a AAC game?

The last 4 in the SEC in the previous year are excluded. I don't think they can ensure that each SEC team can alternate home and away.

The last 4 in the SEC in the previous year are excluded. I don't think they can ensure that each SEC team can alternate home and away.

They don't necessarily exclude the bottom four from the previous season. Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, and Mizzou were skipped this past season. They finished 1st (tied), 9th (tied), 7th (tied), and 4th (tied), respectively, in the prior year. I don't know how they decide who sits out, but the SEC is often missing some of its best teams.

They don't necessarily exclude the bottom four from the previous season. Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, and Mizzou were skipped this past season. They finished 1st (tied), 9th (tied), 7th (tied), and 4th (tied), respectively, in the prior year. I don't know how they decide who sits out, but the SEC is often missing some of its best teams.

Maybe the top 10 are invited rather than the bottom 4 being excluded. Mississippi State has only been to 1 of the 6. Missouri has only been to 2. Kentucky and Florida have participated in all 6. Missouri maybe doesn't care to revisit their old conference other than pre-conference games outside of the challenge (with Iowa State recently). GA, Vandy, and TX A&M were bottom dwellers last season and are in in 2020.

Teams are chosen for 2-year cycles. Auburn has been excluded because they finished 11th 2 years ago.

Auburn not selected for SEC/Big 12 Challenge due to SEC's two-year rotation

I had wondered if they did two-year cycles but had never read anything saying so. Thanks.
We were skipped the first year but have participated every year since then, so they must have started the two-year cycle format later.
Based on Wiki's listing of the results, they started two-year cycles with the third challenge in 2016.
I have no idea how they decided who to exclude from the first two challenges. We were excluded from the first challenge despite having a winning SEC record in the prior season.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back