Soularie to NCAA

No more ball, official

Attachments

• 3A2DF3EF-0416-4870-BE39-936831D31412.png
    3A2DF3EF-0416-4870-BE39-936831D31412.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 8
H

Hey Bruin, don’t you have a bet with someone about the number of recruits showing up either this or next fall? Can you imagine the numbers now if some of these guys stay to get that extra year (for whatever reason)? Can you say Cluster-F!
Yeah that was me and they still haven’t added a hs player in the 2021 class

Wow just wow

This is a huge development that has serious legs. Would really help out the Vols. Not only for Crochet but the 2021 draft class will be affected. Essentially 2 drafts in one. The 2021 recruiting class is a top 5 class and has the number 1 ranked overall player that could be affected.

Seems far fetched
CRAZY, but the owners hold the bag of money. This is could trickle down and affect several years of college and the minors.

Doctors get a cure for this virus. I can’t watch any more bowling and we lost the spring orange & white game!

CRAZY, but the owners hold the bag of money. This is could trickle down and affect several years of college and the minors.

Doctors get a cure for this virus. I can’t watch any more bowling and we lost the spring orange & white game!
don’t forget summer ball with a group of kids who should have been drafted!

This will bring huge ramifications. Some good and some bad. They will either have to add teams to summer college league or they will have to add another league. (Those who would have been drafted.) But with NJCAA giving their guys another year of eligibility recommended it could add a pileup in juco as well. They will have to change their qualifications because all 3rd year juco players should have too many hours. This is going to take months to work out because one decision brings on another decision brings on another problem. The level of play next year if there is no draft would go up greatly but the level of competition for positions and playing time will also be great. I also thought about if a lot of people stay the number of apartments in some college towns will be less than the need. My son sure is not going back to the dorms with what they charge. He is moving out today and cleaning out his locker.
Saw somewhere yesterday where a couple of states are considering letting high school seniors come back for another year of eligibility because they are afraid many will not complete their work at home. You talk about craziness. You would have fifth year seniors staying because unless they are the best of the best there is no room for them in college.

This will bring huge ramifications. Some good and some bad. They will either have to add teams to summer college league or they will have to add another league. (Those who would have been drafted.) But with NJCAA giving their guys another year of eligibility recommended it could add a pileup in juco as well. They will have to change their qualifications because all 3rd year juco players should have too many hours. This is going to take months to work out because one decision brings on another decision brings on another problem. The level of play next year if there is no draft would go up greatly but the level of competition for positions and playing time will also be great. I also thought about if a lot of people stay the number of apartments in some college towns will be less than the need. My son sure is not going back to the dorms with what they charge. He is moving out today and cleaning out his locker.
Saw somewhere yesterday where a couple of states are considering letting high school seniors come back for another year of eligibility because they are afraid many will not complete their work at home. You talk about craziness. You would have fifth year seniors staying because unless they are the best of the best there is no room for them in college.

The solution is simple

Finish this season next fall and don’t let new players

Reactions: TX2TN and txbo
What would you do with incoming Freshmen? They have committed. Just let them practice and not play in the games. not arguing with you for once. I think that is legitimate answer. I saw where some AD or conference proposed at least letting them play 8 weekends in the fall.

What would you do with incoming Freshmen? They have committed. Just let them practice and not play in the games. not arguing with you for once. I think that is legitimate answer. I saw where some AD or conference proposed at least letting them play 8 weekends in the fall.

Yep
practice not play.

if you play 8 weekends might as well
Finish the season. And allow seniors to move on after one extra semester. The draft can be in the fall as well

Reactions: TX2TN
Yep
practice not play.

if you play 8 weekends might as well
Finish the season. And allow seniors to move on after one extra semester. The draft can be in the fall as well

Would kinda stink for HS seniors. Their seasons were cut short as well.

Would kinda stink for HS seniors. Their seasons were cut short as well.
well sure but there is no way any of them is going to repeat high school

This is much better for them than having expanded rosters and them getting little to no playing time.

well sure but there is no way any of them is going to repeat high school

This is much better for them than having expanded rosters and them getting little to no playing time.
Not disagreeing at all. Just pointing out there are going to be issues no matter what is decided. Somebody is going to get the short end no matter what it seems.

Not disagreeing at all. Just pointing out there are going to be issues no matter what is decided. Somebody is going to get the short end no matter what it seems.
Agreed which is why I have come
To the conclusion it’s best for all players to just lose This year move on to the next. Life must move forward and that has to happen in athletics where it’s just better for everyone imo

unless we can finish this season mext fall

Agreed which is why I have come
To the conclusion it’s best for all players to just lose This year move on to the next. Life must move forward and that has to happen in athletics where it’s just better for everyone imo

unless we can finish this season mext fall

it would be great to finish the season in the fall but how would that work, and would the NCAA count those games to 2020 or 2021? What if we lose some to the draft, if it happens? It’s a mess, but I like the idea to move on.
GBO

it would be great to finish the season in the fall but how would that work, and would the NCAA count those games to 2020 or 2021? What if we lose some to the draft, if it happens? It’s a mess, but I like the idea to move on.
GBO

The draft would be moved until November

VN Store

Back