Souce's Coffee Discussion Thread

Bump...
bump1.gif

Thread was last on the page.

I know @NorCalVol67 grinds beans...I mean seeds, who else does?

I got my grinder out and cleaned it real good but I think it needs a new "grinder" and I thought I might get another one. Anyone have a recommendation on a new one?

Bump...
View attachment 359030

I got my grinder out and cleaned it real good but I think it needs a new "grinder" and I thought I might get another one. Anyone have a recommendation on a new one?
We do. We have an ancient Mr. Coffee grinder which still works great, knock wood. No timer or anything, just pour in the beans and push down on the white thingy on the cap. If their new ones are as good (who knows), I’d recommend.

An even older version of this:

1616694749772.png

Bump...
View attachment 359030

Mine looks like this, but mine came with an extra smaller bowl which is great for spices. Next time I will upgrade to a burr grinder, those should be able to grind finer. Problem is, Cuisinart's last forever so who knows when I will need a new one.

Cuisinart® Grind Central™ Coffee Grinder | Bed Bath & Beyond

Reactions: VolNExile
I've got a Betty Crocker BC1753 and it's been awesome. It grinds very fine and I couldn't ask for a better functioning grinder, but it sounds like a turbo tree chipper that's gonna take off to the moon.

When I took it apart to clean it I noticed the "grinders" looked dull but I'm not sure if that's normal. I haven't used it in over a year and I don't remember if it seemed like they were dull. Idk. I don't have any beans to test it.

We do. We have an ancient Mr. Coffee grinder which still works great, knock wood. No timer or anything, just pour in the beans and push down on the white thingy on the cap. If their new ones are as good (who knows), I’d recommend.

An even older version of this:

View attachment 359035
looks familiar -- haven't pulled it out of stowed-away things that are cluttering this place to see if it works

Yeah well I ain't rich. Maybe I'll just send you my coffee beans and let you ground them and send them back to me?
No way I would have spent $60 on a grinder. It must have been on sale or I had a good coupon or sumthin...

It works really good tho...I think @Orangeslice13 has the same model.

Bump...
View attachment 359030

We have a cuisinart burr on the cheap side. If you are going to be dedicated, spend the $$.

He was paid.

In sexual favors.

reface-2021-02-25-09-05-33-gif.354207

VN Store

Back