Sorry guys, lets get real. Pruitt is staying.

I can assure you, if we hire another coach, it won't be Fulmers choosing. He may walk him out at the introductory presser, but he Aint hiring. And believe me, buyout is not an issue.
Please explain to us how "buyout is not an issue". Specifically "who" is this not an issue too?

So your argument is that regardless of the obvious reality that Pruitt is not HC material, and UT is on a downward trajectory towards even worse football than what we saw under our last two coaches, we should just keep Pruitt indefinitely, and hope that he magically becomes a good HC at some point in his life, because you are afraid that the next UT AD will make another poor coaching hire?

Well, they are 0 for the last 4 hires so, most of us are pretty confident they would make another poor coaching hire.

Reactions: Memphisvol87
I just don’t see Pruitt leaving this year. I think at least one more year because of finances. I really, really don’t want another coaching search. Would prefer they have a coach in the wings that has interests to come here that is better. Like Pruitt is gone a 1 day later they hire Freeze or another proven coach.

Reactions: Longshank
Who is "they"?

Last time I checked, Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt were all hired by different ADs.

Are you sure the AD had the final say on the first three hires? The folks with the money apparently not willing to part with enough to get an accomplished coach in any of the four hires

Reactions: LocoVol
You want to see a real s-it show....,bring Pruitt back for 2021. You will be wishing a change had been made in 2020.

I just don’t see Pruitt leaving this year. I think at least one more year because of finances. I really, really don’t want another coaching search. Would prefer they have a coach in the wings that has interests to come here that is better. Like Pruitt is gone a 1 day later they hire Freeze or another proven coach.

Why not? Nobody does a coaching search like Tennessee. That's a hell of a lot more entertaining than watching this team try to play football.

Is anyone here honestly happy with the way we have played? Win/loss record aside, has anyone actually enjoyed watching our team play? Can you confidently say they will do anything better next year, the year after?
All the evidence, in year 3, points to this being another disaster. The recruiting will fall off again, players will transfer, and then we will be at the bottom both by on field performance and roster talent. What’s funny is the pandemic is a perfect storm for UT to collapse if they stay this course. People will definitely not be supporting this mess next year, and after a huge loss in revenue this year it will cement us in irrelevancy.
they better get serious or let us die for good.

Realistically I would say he gets another year. Mind you I dont think it will be much better, but with the money and fulmer, I would say it's the most likely outcome. This is why I hate extensions unless a coach is killing it. For tennessee that means beating bama, Florida and georgia or at least really being in the games. What will ot be 0-9 of Florida wins? Upsets happen but losing to Kentucky and arky type teams often is unacceptable..

QB on field performance says otherwise and not just JG !
Would you have the same opinion if you found out Wienke was being told to spend most of his time with a QB that is a lost cause and unteachable?
The maddening thing is nobody really knows what's happening behind the scenes. All we have is a few hours on Saturdays to speculate on...

VN Store

Back