Sorry Dooley, no one wants to hear it!

This fan base is clueless. It's sad

Explain it then. First off, how many years is it going to take? And don't start with the depth crap. We had true freshman running backs rolling our D tonight and they aren't freshman. So how many years of recruiting and "coaching" do we suffer through before Dooley gets it right? Do tell....

Reactions: 1 person
I can understand people being upset with the team quitting or losses, but people who go ballistic over coach speak just make me laugh. Calm down, Betty.

Reactions: 3 people
You may not want to hear it but there are those of us who do and I am one of those...you know why...because I believe it.

I would go myself w/ my family now, but I haven't had the opportunity! But, I will be at the Music City bowl if they make it. Cause I love the Vols regardless!

Its easy to be a Vol fan in the 90s, even the 00's. its not easy now. its easy to complain and wanna fire everyone. but you have to have faith man, it will get better.

Reactions: 6 people
Its easy to be a Vol fan in the 90s, even the 00's. its not easy now. its easy to complain and wanna fire everyone. but you have to have faith man, it will get better.

I didn't say anything about firing Dooley! I'm just tired of the, we will get over the hump talk!. If he gets to 8 wins this year, I believe he has earned another yr. But, I dont want to hear, we are close anymore. It's time to pull out a close win!

Explain it then. First off, how many years is it going to take? And don't start with the depth crap. We had true freshman running backs rolling our D tonight and they aren't freshman. So how many years of recruiting and "coaching" do we suffer through before Dooley gets it right? Do tell....

Considering we only lost by 7 to the #5 team in the country, we are VERY close to where we need to be to compete with the best. Matter of fact we did complete with the best, the #5 team in the country. Who I believe is better than LSU, or FSU. So take that into consideration vs where we were just 2 years ago, all of our talent was transferring or being suspended.

In just 2 years time, we became total scrubs who lost to UNC in the Music City bowl, to competing with the best in the country.

Reactions: 8 people
I have been one of the many who have been saying Dooley hasn't proven anything, but I'm sorry.....tonight one of his teams FINALLY proved they have the guts to go toe to toe with a big time SEC team.

Georgia is still #5 in the nation, and they not only have a solid QB, but 2 great RB's and a defense that is fast as hell. This team could have thrown in the towel easily early in the 2Q, but they didn't give up. To me, that is showing that the coaches message is getting through.

Bottom line is we still just are talent deficient for big games. Period. Brewer is a terrible safety. If Randolph isn't hurt, this game might end differently. Our LB's are not good enough, either. Even A.J. gets manhandled by one-on-ones too much for someone with his talent. Plus Maggitt just isn't 100% and it shows.

Our DB's held their own today. Most of the bad plays in coverage were safety issues with coverage. I just don't know it's worth it to play so much nickel? Just play 3-4 and get to the QB, because teams are spreading it out, getting us in nickel, and just gashing us. And if they pass they are abusing our blatant weaknesses.

At the end of the day, though, I thought this team played with a lot of guts, but just isn't good enough yet. The fought like hell, though. Loved the play of our RB's and OLine. They were flat out fantastic today. And I think Chaney had the best game calling plays of his career with us. Finally stuck with the run and it paid off. I'd still be surprised if he's here next year, though.

We just need to close on some really good DB's, LB's, and RB's in this class. Badly.

Reactions: 5 people
Maybe I do need to go away. I have only been going to games since 1990 when I was 8. I was in tempe in 98 and 99, and atlanta for every sec champ. Maybe I do need to go! I will not except moral victories. Sorry!

Hmmm I was 33 when you became a fan. I've been a "Fan" since I was seven. That was 26 yrs before you. I have never talked about a coach or player like yall have. I've seen good and bad years and neber failed too give the team my full support. Anybody can be a fan when things are going great,look at bama. True fans support without the hate.

Reactions: 15 people
Big Orange is makin some sense, why the attack he's jus tired of the same ol same ol as we all are....

I'm proud we played hard and didn't quit or lay down unlike my perception of the Florida game, yes it hurts but Dooley will do all us a favor if he pulls out a top 25 win and get us over this hump as he calls it. It's loomin over his head this year big time cause he's 0 fer against the likes of these teams. As we all know.

We are all tired of the moral victories... But if we can put it all together against Miss St and finally have some confidence and swag going into the USC jr game and win that who knows what this season will bring. Anyhow tired of rambling Go Vawls...

Considering we only lost by 7 to the #5 team in the country, we are VERY close to where we need to be to compete with the best. Matter of fact we did complete with the best, the #5 team in the country. Who I believe is better than LSU, or FSU. So take that into consideration vs where we were just 2 years ago, all of our talent was transferring or being suspended.

In just 2 years time, we became total scrubs who lost to UNC in the Music City bowl, to competing with the best in the country.

You can't spot the #5 team in polls 27 first quarter points and expect to win. No matter how many gifts they handed Tennessee and mental mistakes UGA continued to make.

If Tennessee had played defense early in the 1st half, then Dooley get's his 1st win against a ranked team.
Simple as that.

Reactions: 2 people
Jesus F-ing Christ....Team plays its ass off against the #5 team in the county and comes up short and its not enough......

No it's not... Time to pull off these type of wins, lets just hope we are building some momentum and can put it together for a whole ballgame...

Hmmm I was 33 when you became a fan. I've been a "Fan" since I was seven. That was 26 yrs before you. I have never talked about a coach or player like yall have. I've seen good and bad years and neber failed too give the team my full support. Anybody can be a fan when things are going great,look at bama. True fans support without the hate.

Sir,
I will always be a fan! I just don't want to hear excuses anymore. If this was Dooleys 1st yr, then excuses would be ok. But, I don't want to hear Dooley in a LOSS press confence say we are getting close! I want him to say, dammit we should have won the game! We had our chances and blew it!

VN Store

Back